• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you think an aquarium UV sterilizer would work for shoes? They seem much more reasonably priced.

If you can get it down the shoe it should work fine. Just make sure the entire interior of the shoe receives the UV light.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents: any info or perspective would be appreciated. My bias is that I tend to jump because 10eee comes up infrequently…Oddly enough, I do not currently own PTBs.

Thank you :)

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone. Know why Florsheim model number and size would be blacked out with a marker and why these 93605s would have a Florsheim rubber heel?
86EE37C2-F7FA-4D95-A3C7-1A56B5E6F7C2.jpeg
58FF148D-12D4-4629-A708-C6D956ACADD8.jpeg
ECF3D625-8D45-4986-9ABD-5E56F53AD407.jpeg
1F07BDF8-7282-40AD-8FE3-DEC620E80EE7.png

Last edited:

ijustknow

Reaction score
Not sure when they were made, but they look like a quality shoe that is well made. Where did you find them? I found that on Wednesday, July 25, 1990, C. & J. CLARK INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, filed a Canadian trademark application for K SHOES OF ENGLAND trademark. The trademark was expunged in 2009 for failure to renew. I did find one advertisement in Canada for a shoe store that carried brands such as Clark's, Church's, K Shoes of England that was from 1969.
From an English seller on Ebay. I believe it was made in Northampton

ijustknow

Reaction score
K Boots and shoes were being imported into Canada since before WW1. For many years there was a K Boot shop in Vancouver and Victoria, BC. which were named after the famous English company. K shoes show up in adverts in Canada pretty much throughout the 20th century.

Jay-Dennis was located on Jasper St., in Edmonton, Alberta. I see four adverts starting in 1971 and the last being 1987.

Here is a neat little article from 1917.

View attachment 1738462
Why it said "the famous" K boots in fact this brand is not so famous and well talked.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why it said "the famous" K boots in fact this brand is not so famous and well talked.

I believe in England, and Commonwealth countries, K Shoes had a following. My mom started wearing them when she was in Hong Kong.

ijustknow

Reaction score
I believe in England, and Commonwealth countries, K Shoes had a following. My mom started wearing them when she was in Hong Kong.
I really want to hear more stories and history of this brand, however not so much on the internet. What a pity.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone. Know why Florshei model number and size would be blacked out with a marker and why these 93605s would have a Florsheim rubber heel? View attachment 1738840 View attachment 1738841 View attachment 1738862 View attachment 1738863

First, they are definitely shell and appear to be in really good condition. I think they were likely a custom order and Florsheim would insert the customer's name. I think the marker was used to cover the name of the person for some unknown reason. My only caution would be that such custom orders were likely because the width or size was atypical, such as EEEE. You may wish to check on exterior sole size for a clue. Finally, if these were a custom order the customer may have not wished to have the V cleat and asked for the rubber heel.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Regarding this topic about UV sanitizing shoes --- I totally get this from an "ick" perspective but have any of you guys ever gotten an infection of any kind from a vintage or pre-owned shoe? It's never happened to me and I can't say, honestly, that I am THAT fastidious about disinfecting. I am curious about these devices as well since the "ick" consideration does cross my mind from time to time especially for anything particularly gnarly looking (which I tend to just get rid of).

So anyway, with that said, anyone ever contract a skin infection? Genuinely curious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads