• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quantum17

Reaction score
That's what I thought too! @Quantum17 you should get them. Or not? Can't decide if they seem overpriced but will let you guys decide. I'd probably send an offer if they were a wider 9.5 but I can't fit a D on the 65 last.

Speaking of GH strands, I have seriously debated picking up a walnut or bourbon pair and converting them to GH. It's been done before - saw some pics of a pair on one of the FB groups a while ago.
They are really awesome. I’ll try my luck to see if I can pull off low asking bid. But probably more of an eye piece. I don’t think I can pull them off in regular rotation ?

vestbash

Reaction score
They are really awesome. I’ll try my luck to see if I can pull off low asking bid. But probably more of an eye piece. I don’t think I can pull them off in regular rotation ?
These were originally mine in unworn NOS condition and were up on ebay for awhile. Surprised you guys missed them.

klawso9

Reaction score
My grail pair has arrived!

I spent an evening cleaning them up - wipe down, disinfectant, VSC, saphir cordovan cream, and a TON of brushing - and these are, hands down, my favorite pair I own now. I knew I was a perfect fit in Florsheim's LWB's at 10D so I took a risk as I don't have many loafers that fit amazingly - these fit perfectly.

I've been doing some digging to find out about the year and what I can gather is they are made to order within the same vein of the '97168' - in June of a year ending in 6. Either way, they're amazing quality. Paired with the perfect fitting shoe trees I scored on FB Marketplace for 10 bucks.

IMG_1814.jpg IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.JPG

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally made it across the border today. These 1930's shoe display stands had been waiting 18 months. Hard to believe. I added them to my John McHale shrine. My lovely wife is sooooo patient with me.

View attachment 1712507 View attachment 1712508
If I decorate my house that way, my beautiful wife would kill me in a very painfull way.

Lovely collection, cheers!

Quantum17

Reaction score

I spent an evening cleaning them up - wipe down, disinfectant, VSC, saphir cordovan cream, and a TON of brushing - and these are, hands down, my favorite pair I own now. I knew I was a perfect fit in Florsheim's LWB's at 10D so I took a risk as I don't have many loafers that fit amazingly - these fit perfectly.

I've been doing some digging to find out about the year and what I can gather is they are made to order within the same vein of the '97168' - in June of a year ending in 6. Either way, they're amazing quality. Paired with the perfect fitting shoe trees I scored on FB Marketplace for 10 bucks.

View attachment 1716268 View attachment 1716269

View attachment 1716278
Pristine condition!!! Man, congratulations ??

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1716268 View attachment 1716269

View attachment 1716278
$10 Yumas!!!??? Beautiful shoes for certain. I no longer like you. I will now go sulk. ;)

klawso9

Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The trees were $10! The Yumas were more, but in all taxes included this is a $410 photo!
My bad. $10 trees are a great deal. I can stop sulking and we can be friends again. I know this will be a major relief to one and all.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What stands the test of time is often a great thing (with the exception of herpes). Presenting a classic Florsheim. I love everything about this pair, down to the date code. It’s Feb ‘69 ? View attachment 1716359
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your phrase: "What stands the test of time is often a great thing (with the exception of herpes)" made my day. I am trying to translate it to spanish for a day by day use.

Cheers

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here I am in Maui thinking…
What do we do with our shoe collections when we pass away? My wife thinks they cost around $10.00 each! She said she’d send them all to St. Vincent de Paul. Horrors!
Can we not engage a group lawyer to draft a generic will so they would be passed between the brothers? Donated to a museum?
In fact we have at least one legal mind in the group but we may need an American locum to take care of our southern neighbour.
Just a thought.
kilowatts
I sure hope my kids wear them when I go. I’ll haunt them in, like, a really scary way if they don’t. ?

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members