• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are correct. A TRUE austerity brogue has no perforation. But, these are pretty close.

These are Allen Edmonds and are really called the “Tom, Dick, and Harry.”
Ahhhh that makes sense. It has a vague resemblance to the Chester. Guessing it was made during the same general time frame. Going to have to look out for a pair of those.

kilowatts

Reaction score
So here I am in Maui thinking…
What do we do with our shoe collections when we pass away? My wife thinks they cost around $10.00 each! She said she’d send them all to St. Vincent de Paul. Horrors!
Can we not engage a group lawyer to draft a generic will so they would be passed between the brothers? Donated to a museum?
In fact we have at least one legal mind in the group but we may need an American locum to take care of our southern neighbour.
Just a thought.
kilowatts

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do we do with our shoe collections when we pass away? My wife thinks they cost around $10.00 each! She said she’d send them all to St. Vincent de Paul. Horrors!
Can we not engage a group lawyer to draft a generic will so they would be passed between the brothers? Donated to a museum?
In fact we have at least one legal mind in the group but we may need an American locum to take care of our southern neighbour.
Just a thought.
kilowatts
The Fremen say: Your flesh belongs to you, but your water belongs to the tribe.

I say: Your flesh belongs to you, but your shoes belong to the Shoe Brotherhood.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a thought.
kilowatts
My shoes are to be sent to @mariusscott to be consigned. My kids get first dibs at pairs they want to keep.

Otherwise, name a person, or persons you trust to sell the shoes at value.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really am not fearful of my imminent doom, but given I have a rare shoe size, and if I was involved in any communities (like this one), I'd bequeath them either to any of my family that have the same sized feet, or would offer them to this community at a reasonable rate. Currently, I do not have any such family members, but here's hoping a future Mrs. JFWR would birth some sons with fat feet for me to give them to down the line.

Like @smfdoc and I are 11.5/12 EEE guys. I'd rather a friend of mine like him have my shoes, than just dump them at good will.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kosmo approves of today’s shoe choice for her walk: Executive Imperial by Mason. These were the first vintage shoes I acquired on the open market (vs cultivating my own from original purchase).

52A89714-211A-47BD-A859-8A074D2B8C28.jpeg

29EC292D-F540-4510-A74B-53FDD9B0076F.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really am not fearful of my imminent doom, but given I have a rare shoe size, and if I was involved in any communities (like this one), I'd bequeath them either to any of my family that have the same sized feet, or would offer them to this community at a reasonable rate. Currently, I do not have any such family members, but here's hoping a future Mrs. JFWR would birth some sons with fat feet for me to give them to down the line.

Like @smfdoc and I are 11.5/12 EEE guys. I'd rather a friend of mine like him have my shoes, than just dump them at good will.
I will keep my eyes open for the box. ;)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will keep my eyes open for the box. ;)
If you hear of my assasination, expect a gigantic delivery of shoes.

Thankfully, the great Oxfords Worn Casually War has concluded without fatalities.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid-1980s AE sharkskin Warton today.
21FCB410-A515-46FA-86F7-57F510DC90DA.jpeg
EE627932-C672-4AF6-A606-F56365C1F650.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers