• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

kilowatts

Reaction score
Good morning Suit:
I have to be honest, they may be a vintage violation! Although I’ll stand by the discontinued rule and the fact that I bought them some years ago, so in my mind they qualify. They’re a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile calf and linen spectators with a leather sole and a rubber top lift. Very comfortable and almost every time I wear them someone I don’t know makes a positive comment. I guess that’s the best we can do, eh?
Slacks courtesy of my tailor at VV!
Kilowatts

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning Suit:
I have to be honest, they may be a vintage violation! Although I’ll stand by the discontinued rule and the fact that I bought them some years ago, so in my mind they qualify. They’re a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile calf and linen spectators with a leather sole and a rubber top lift. Very comfortable and almost every time I wear them someone I don’t know makes a positive comment. I guess that’s the best we can do, eh?
Slacks courtesy of my tailor at VV!
Kilowatts
I love 'em.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not mine, but a nice pair AE Shelton sharks:

happypebble

Reaction score
So I went out to have my car smogged (boo hiss. $20 down the drain), and the attendant there complimented me on my Sears Gold Bond pair. "Those look nice!", he said. "Are they old?" I told him about collecting vintage shoes, but he seemed bewildered at the idea. (Socks and jeans by Sears as well.) "Sears, where America shops for value"
20211204_103714.jpg

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went out to have my car smogged (boo hiss. $20 down the drain), and the attendant there complimented me on my Sears Gold Bond pair. "Those look nice!", he said. "Are they old?" I told him about collecting vintage shoes, but he seemed bewildered at the idea. (Socks and jeans by Sears as well.) "Sears, where America shops for value" View attachment 1714739
Great shoes, but you really need to tie those shoe laces straight, man. lol.

happypebble

Reaction score
Great shoes, but you really need to tie those shoe laces straight, man. lol.
Well, there's that. I was in a super hurry to get out of the house this morning and run twelveteen errands...niceties suspended. Didn't even have coffee!

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to my daughter’s dance recital last night. Needed burgundy wingtips to complete the outfit, hence the AE MacNeil in CG. These are the ones with the model number that was previously used for shell. I believe they’re ‘90s era, but it could be later.

89AA474F-E5EF-41CF-BD4F-6B1AE636F443.jpeg

92711061-F4AC-4562-AACC-89E292ABFFE6.jpeg

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone should buy these two pairs... not my listings.

super condition pin grain Strands. ask is maybe a little high but haven't seen many pairs come around. unfortunately this pair would be too narrow for me.

on the opposite end of the spectrum this looks like a fun pair of executive imperials for very short money in good shape. This one is too big for me otherwise they'd be inbound to the northeast.

hamercha

Reaction score
Someone should buy these two pairs... not my listings.

super condition pin grain Strands. ask is maybe a little high but haven't seen many pairs come around. unfortunately this pair would be too narrow for me.

on the opposite end of the spectrum this looks like a fun pair of executive imperials for very short money in good shape. This one is too big for me otherwise they'd be inbound to the northeast.
Used to see lot of jeans with triple stitches in 80's. Could this Executive Imperials with triple stitching be from the 80's?

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members