• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lloyd & Haig monkstrap boots today. A little more casual to work this week, since many are out on holiday. These are really comfortable. Not super high quality, but a fun boot.

125114F9-65B0-40EB-AF30-521E954343F8.jpeg

C6272861-D615-4D3A-9B15-F84F39F96BF5.jpeg

DCCA5980-D560-4E0C-8CC4-BB32A610B181.jpeg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally received the Florsheim Stratfords I bought the other week.
Except for some tearing around the top eyelets of the right shoe, the leather is in great shape and they are in overall excellent condition. Even better -- they seem to be an okay fit, if perhaps a little snug. I think I'll try them out tomorrow for Wingtip Wednesday.

But first things first. I disinfected them with alcohol wipes before giving them a generous round of Bick 4 for good measure. Then I pulled out the old eyelets and installed new antique brass eyelets after being inspired by @friendlygoz 's work. I bought the kit and eyelets about half a year ago, but was a bit afraid to try it for the first time on a good pair of shoes. These Stratfords absolutely needed the work, so I decided to take a whack at it. Glad to report that it's very simple to do. :)

20211123-01.jpg

Lastly I gave them a light coat of black Saphir cream polish, black edge dressing, and new laces. I think they're now ready for their debut!

20211123-02.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except for some tearing around the top eyelets of the right shoe, the leather is in great shape and they are in overall excellent condition. Even better -- they seem to be an okay fit, if perhaps a little snug. I think I'll try them out tomorrow for Wingtip Wednesday.

But first things first. I disinfected them with alcohol wipes before giving them a generous round of Bick 4 for good measure. Then I pulled out the old eyelets and installed new antique brass eyelets after being inspired by @friendlygoz 's work. I bought the kit and eyelets about half a year ago, but was a bit afraid to try it for the first time on a good pair of shoes. These Stratfords absolutely needed the work, so I decided to take a whack at it. Glad to report that it's very simple to do. :)

View attachment 1708460

Lastly I gave them a light coat of black Saphir cream polish, black edge dressing, and new laces. I think they're now ready for their debut!

View attachment 1708461
Nice! What kit did you buy? I think I might try some brass in my new/old Hanovers (already seeing stress on 2 eyelets).

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1708460

View attachment 1708461
Nice work! Glad you gave DIY eyelet installation a try. They look fantastic.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hanover LB Sheppards on a very cold day. These got new welts, GR soles, sole protectors, and cat paw heels.
20211123_113944.jpg
20211123_113940.jpg

BlueMoonMonday

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been reading these posts and got inspired and found a pair of Florsheim 93602's that were NOS from 1971. While I spent a bit more than I'd planned they are beautiful shoes and built like a tank. The leather is really nice and soft I did learn from reading here that I gotta take care of the leather, especially older leather. So far I've given them a couple coats of Bick 4. What I'd like to know is if you found a pair of really nice NOS shoes what would be your regimen to get them in tip top shape and keep them there?

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been reading these posts and got inspired and found a pair of Florsheim 93602's that were NOS from 1971. While I spent a bit more than I'd planned they are beautiful shoes and built like a tank. The leather is really nice and soft I did learn from reading here that I gotta take care of the leather, especially older leather. So far I've given them a couple coats of Bick 4. What I'd like to know is if you found a pair of really nice NOS shoes what would be your regimen to get them in tip top shape and keep them there?
I mean, the first step would be to share a photo for us to LUST after :)

Great pickup!

BlueMoonMonday

Reaction score
I mean, the first step would be to share a photo for us to LUST after :)

Great pickup!
Well... since you asked....The first 3 pics are from the e-bay ad. The last is after I cleaned the welt stiching which was black. Same shoes, different lighting.

How are there shoes that are over 50 years old and have never been worn???

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Image 3 - VTG NOS FLORSHEIM IMPERIAL 93602  V-CLEAT SZ 10 D!!
IMG_0153.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dr. Scholl’s COPEG cap toe derbies. This is one of my best-constructed pairs. SPI is unreal. I have new flat laces from Kirby Allison I plan to put on; the 7-eyelets are too much for standard 30” laces.

E0F7D586-CEF3-45ED-905D-49D626130896.jpeg

9237C868-5A2D-415C-8168-093B8059D449.jpeg

50A68F1A-C6AE-4001-8DA4-719A4C709C29.jpeg

51330009-8740-4825-9BC7-993A858D2EE6.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics