• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I know some of you are also members of the vintage shoe group on Facebook. There was discussion there about a group shirt. One of the members designed one and is selling for $20 USD plus shipping. Made in USA.

Pics attached for reference. Otherwise contact the seller himself.

View attachment 1691020 View attachment 1691021

I provided misleading info. Shirt made in Honduras. Designed in USA and engraving done in USA. So assembled in USA, just like 90s Florsheim.

Shrewboy

Reaction score
I wanted to follow up on my previous post about my Florsheim Imperial NSTs with the rotted heels. Based on a referral here, I sent them to Wyatt and Son for repair.

Many companies would do well to use Wyatt’s as a model for customer service. They called as soon as they received my shoes to discuss options. With concerns around the dryness of the soles being similar to the self-destructing heels, they wanted to do full soles and heels. They went through various options while talking, sending me pictures by text to show me options. I wanted original style black welt and stitching, and really didn’t care about the sole colors since I’m going to wear them. So he marked the sole color as “cobbler’s choice”.

The cobbler, Tobias, stamped his name into the soles and had fun with the coloring and stitching. What he did made me almost said to put them on for church this morning…almost! Admittedly, for what I paid for the full rebuild, I could have bought a new pair of Allen’s Edmonds. But I think these are so much cooler than anything AE has on offer right now!
059E4AD7-AD4B-4AE7-B0C1-61C0DCF6C377.jpeg 53227539-A23D-4FFF-BD72-7502DD58C472.jpeg 5445C889-DDFA-4F58-B271-43C4F84D98E4.jpeg 376D2BCA-CDF2-471C-BA3A-A35F9CA48112.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to follow up on my previous post about my Florsheim Imperial NSTs with the rotted heels. Based on a referral here, I sent them to Wyatt and Son for repair.

Many companies would do well to use Wyatt’s as a model for customer service. They called as soon as they received my shoes to discuss options. With concerns around the dryness of the soles being similar to the self-destructing heels, they wanted to do full soles and heels. They went through various options while talking, sending me pictures by text to show me options. I wanted original style black welt and stitching, and really didn’t care about the sole colors since I’m going to wear them. So he marked the sole color as “cobbler’s choice”.

The cobbler, Tobias, stamped his name into the soles and had fun with the coloring and stitching. What he did made me almost said to put them on for church this morning…almost! Admittedly, for what I paid for the full rebuild, I could have bought a new pair of Allen’s Edmonds. But I think these are so much cooler than anything AE has on offer right now!
View attachment 1691477 View attachment 1691479 View attachment 1691478 View attachment 1691486

Their shop does phenomenal work. For the price, you did well.

Shrewboy

Reaction score
Their shop does phenomenal work. For the price, you did well.
Thank you!! I forgot to add - in addition to great communication before starting work, they sent me pictures of the work before shipping, shipping information so that I could track the package, and beat their own estimated timeline. I’m impressed!

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE sharkskin Wartons are up for the task on a very stormy California day.
A24BDDE8-796C-48FC-9B0A-83087F7492B2.jpeg
E061CDD6-A7DE-426A-8CAD-DECE5F5F0162.jpeg

BlueSteel

Reaction score

View attachment 1691477 View attachment 1691479 View attachment 1691478 View attachment 1691486

Really, really nice work!!!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: Wikipedia says liquid shoe polish can cause shoes to dry out and crack. Has that happened to anyone here? If so, can someone recommend a cream polish instead?

Saphir.

The answer to any shoe care need is saphir.

I use the beaut de cuir creams primarily, as I find the medalle d'or lines too greasy.

You should never use instant polish on shoes.

Also, get saphir wax.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE teju Clayton today.
43026A77-207D-47A0-AA09-2125B14A387C.jpeg
3C54616B-78DB-4832-9E08-F94453587BD5.jpeg

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I picked these Nettleton 206 longwings in NOS condition with original box and shoe bags early this year on eBay. I've taken them out for fall and the rainy weather. I think they'll pair nicely with sheatland sweaters and cords. The quality is excellent with thick grained calf leather and a double-stacked sole. They have been quite difficult to break in but I think they're at a good point now. I had also added Vibram sole protectors. I just ordered some nicer laces to pair with these. I am particularly appreciative of the beautiful and prominent welt fudging. With maybe the exception of Alden, it's rare to see any US shoe maker that makes shoes to this level.

IMG_5515.JPG

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had better office space in order to store a pair of shoes or two for the winter months. It's depressing when I have to switch to strictly rubber-soled boots for winter wear.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

First time posting over here. I’m usually on the SW&D side of things. But I’m looking for a little help Id’ing these double monks. The wearer is Page McConnell, keyboardist for the band, Phish. I run a fashion-appreciation thread, and these shoes have been a major point of interest. I figured if anybody would know . . .

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
-Alex

E6E1A48A-7336-4EC5-9530-A2C3FEF9CAA7.jpeg

EB057227-F4BD-4863-93A8-D2AB05B54F5C.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads