• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another awesome mail call. Vintage violation ahead. This one is special. It’s incredible how @vestbash was able to find these gems. Presenting CJ for RL, brown shell PTD Marlow. I don’t see them often for sure.
View attachment 1626278View attachment 1626279View attachment 1626280
Those are great. One of the really nice things about the RL versions is that the shell tends to be lighter in color. I suspect this is applicable to your pair if you bring them outdoors. If the opportunity presents you should grab a pair of the Marlow wingtips or their C&J equiv version, which is called the Pembroke. It's the pinnacle of short wing patterns in my personal opinion.

Quantum17

Reaction score
Those are great. One of the really nice things about the RL versions is that the shell tends to be lighter in color. I suspect this is applicable to your pair if you bring them outdoors. If the opportunity presents you should grab a pair of the Marlow wingtips or their C&J equiv version, which is called the Pembroke. It's the pinnacle of short wing patterns in my personal opinion.
I can’t agree more. Pembroke is wonderful. I should take a family pic this weekend.
The City Club is heading to San Diego for Russell. Man, I wished they were my size 😞

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apropos our discussion the other week about Spanish made Florsheims... Incidentally, for once, this pair IS actually my size but there is zero chance I am buying them. None of that "it fits it ships" mishigas --- it ain't happenin' gents. 🤣

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t agree more. Pembroke is wonderful. I should take a family pic this weekend.
The City Club is heading to San Diego for Russell. Man, I wished they were my size 😞
Oh - you already have a pembroke! I was not aware of that, good sir. In that case, please carry on with your acquisition spree!

Quantum17

Reaction score
I know @Jiqea has mentioned before, I just want to coattail. These shoe laces are original WWII rationed to the US army. The quality is absolutely the best I’ve used and the color goes with every shoes except black. I can’t recommend them highly enough. I put them on my favorites for sure.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know @Jiqea has mentioned before, I just want to coattail. These shoe laces are original WWII rationed to the US army. The quality is absolutely the best I’ve used and the color goes with every shoes except black. I can’t recommend them highly enough. I put them on my favorites for sure.

I'd missed @Jiqea comments about the laces but as a related aside I think there have been some folks that have been happy with the At The Front reissued Boondockers if that's anyone's jazz. I forgot all about this company but it was the subject of discussion several years back on a different site. There was another company making these as well but the name is escaping me right now.

eta: some reviews from a few years ago

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor