• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic but relevant here. I was on a quest to find house shoes with actual arch support. I tried the LL Bean version that was the highest rated. I didn’t like them at all and returned them. I googled house shoes with arch support and found a whole list.

I decided to get some by Gecko Man on Amazon. I can’t find the listing when I bought them. But, here is a link. I paid $29 . These are list for $79.

here’s my point. They are awesome! I can’t believe I haven’t been wearing house shoes since I was a kid. I used to run around at home or in the yard/garage with bare feet unless I was mowing. These are fantastic!

Sorry for vintage violation. But, if you need house shoes with arch support I would get these!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Atta boy.
Yeahhh... just to be clear though, I’ve bought:

1 pair of NOS in box 1994 Olympiad’s (seriously not cheap),

1 pair of vintage Stetson’s

2 brand new pair of AE’s (Strand chili weaves and a pair of walnut Vernon’s)

1 very sad pair of low-wear AE Carlyle’s for a restoration project (that I showed the other day as the hydrate your new shoes PSA).

So I’m kind of in a lot of trouble.

Quantum17

Reaction score
I just bought’em. Probably paid too much, but 7 eyelets is all I needed to see.
I think there's an exception when the purchase is a reward for saving a company. But I'm no lawyer.

That’s a great price for such an awesome pair no matter how you slice it (not my listing ?). Congratulations, sir!

Thanks to @mormonopoly I had a chance to pick up mine awhile back. So I’m paying it forward. Here are my awesomeness, rare to encounter again 40s Healdarch Stetson muh ha ha muh ha ha
D116C862-6828-4114-B953-5C8540D0B0DF.jpeg

Quantum17

Reaction score
Those have been for sale for a long time. The seller will probably accept offers.

Edit: in the 47 seconds it took for me to look at the listing and respond to your post, they sold. Congrats to the buyer. And for the record, it wasn't my listing.
Hmm, I didn’t check the history. Maybe I should next time. They are just so awesome, I got excited ?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a great price for such an awesome pair no matter how you slice it (not my listing ?). Congratulations, sir!

Thanks to @mormonopoly I had a chance to pick up mine awhile back. So I’m paying it forward. Here are my awesomeness, rare to encounter again 40s Healdarch Stetson muh ha ha muh ha ha
View attachment 1610814
Wow!!!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there's an exception when the purchase is a reward for saving a company. But I'm no lawyer.

There are a few blue moon times, where I have to tell the client that I don't see a defence, and perhaps pleading guilty is advantageous.

Knowing my role within the system, and taking my job seriously, I rarely offer the above advice.

This is one of those rare occasions.

It wasn't that long ago that we discussed the insidious powers of Spousal Customs.

Given the result, I will waive my retainer this one time.

But tell your wife, the uh gift, that she owes me, has increased in value. Now it's 2 pairs of shells in Ravello.

Quantum17

Reaction score

View attachment 1610814
D’ooh, I spoke too soon. There’s one same pair but different size being posted on eBay at the moment. Damn it, why can’t I be special for one?… well, seller is asking $420 for size 6, however.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few blue moon times, where I have to tell the client that I don't see a defence, and perhaps pleading guilty is advantageous.

Knowing my role within the system, and taking my job seriously, I rarely offer the above advice.

It wasn't that long ago that we discussed the insidious powers of Spousal Customs.

But tell your wife, the uh gift, that she owes me, has increased in value. Now it's 2 pairs of shells in Ravello.
Wait just a minute counselor, this is some real Michael Avenatti-level conflict of interest here!

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just desserts and whatnot, right?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just desserts and whatnot, right?
I’m feeling very poorly represented right now. I can’t believe I’m supposed to just throw myself on the mercy of the court.

I am very clear about my role and job. It's up to the judge or jury to decide guilt.

That said, in Canada there is a ground of appeal based on ineffective assistance of counsel. You may challenge this on that basis. And retain new counsel.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question: I was looking at a listing for a pair of Aldens. Nice looking, black shell...but they are saddle shoes and all black. Huh? Aren't saddle shoes supposed to be bicolor?
Saddles can be a single color. Here are black and whiskey shells.

6B6076E2-3756-4FE1-B8F2-9398EAD1F05F.jpeg
FA7556F7-3B34-46B1-9CC2-9099BCF4D8D0.jpeg
ECC65E55-D32D-406C-9475-32873D6C6BD9.jpeg
1934134F-77FE-46CD-910A-BA27E8121CC2.jpeg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very clear about my role and job. It's up to the judge or jury to decide guilt.

That said, in Canada there is a ground of appeal based on ineffective assistance of counsel. You may challenge this on that basis. And retain new counsel.
I could be wrong, but I think @suitforcourt just fired me as a client.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think @suitforcourt just fired me as a client.

I only do that when the client is an insufferable delusional sad excuse for a human, and a sap on my will to live. Rarely happens. But it does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads