• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a pretty uncommon pair. They are vintage Lloyd. It is a German company that, I believe, had a storefront in NYC.

0EAE10BB-0225-4990-BC58-1741828786C8.jpeg

Leiker

Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Lloyd & Haig?
Right. Not Lloyd and Haig. Lloyd in Germany still has the same logo that these have. I do have a pair of Lloyd & Haig and they are very different.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about more Saddle Shoes? And a MYSTERY!

I don’t know who made these. There are no visible markings. The only thing I can sort of read is the size and that isn’t super clear. Nice Quality. Vibram sole. No other clues as far as I can tell.

04A15B35-D176-493F-B7B3-D2449DF11394.jpeg
4D86418B-83FC-48AE-BD9A-E4D342890B5D.jpeg

Also, here’s a question I am surprised has never come up. Is there something like a conditioner I should put on the edge of a rubber sole? When I condition regular shoes I will condition the edge and even the welt. If it’s an old dry pair, I often condition the whole leather sole.

GoldenHarvestMedal

Reaction score

I don’t know who made these. There are no visible markings. The only thing I can sort of read is the size and that isn’t super clear. Nice Quality. Vibram sole. No other clues as far as I can tell.

View attachment 1605071View attachment 1605072

Also, here’s a question I am surprised has never come up. Is there something like a conditioner I should put on the edge of a rubber sole? When I condition regular shoes I will condition the edge and even the welt. If it’s an old dry pair, I often condition the whole leather sole.
I have a very similar pair, branded LLBean.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

happypebble

Reaction score
Very nice; I have a pair in black.
Oh, then I have a question! I was thinking about a pair of black Craddock-Terry shoes. I couldn't tell from eBay photos: are they standard black leather, or that shiny patent leather stuff?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1605071View attachment 1605072

No. Rubber doesn't require any conditioning as it is not hide.

You can use Heel and Edge polish from Fieblings to dye it a darker black, though. Just don't get the brown. The brown looks like baby diarrhea.

Leiker

Reaction score
Oh, then I have a question! I was thinking about a pair of black Craddock-Terry shoes. I couldn't tell from eBay photos: are they standard black leather, or that shiny patent leather stuff?
I'll double check when I get home, but I believe mine are corrected grain.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.