• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
So I did buy the Cole Haan Imperial Alligator Shell Cordovan saddles.

I took a chance on the fuzzy ebay pictures. Hopefully they will turn out great like these samples from these great reference sites.

Anyone can help with dating these? When did Cole Haan stop making the Imperial line and it's logo?

mormonopoly

Reaction score
So I did buy the Cole Haan Imperial Alligator Shell Cordovan saddles.

I took a chance on the fuzzy ebay pictures. Hopefully they will turn out great like these samples from these great reference sites.

Anyone can help with dating these? When did Cole Haan stop making the Imperial line and it's logo?
For once, I think the classic shoes site is correct on the dating. I agree with c. 1970.

TS2404

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have slimmed down my shoe collection and have a couple of pairs currently listed with Luxeswap that may be of interest:

Great condition Florsheim Imperial 97626. These photographed darker than I think they are in real life - they are a beautiful shade of mid-dark burgundy shell cordovan. The shoes are missing insoles (not the worst thing give the state of some vintage shoes) but the uppers have been well-conditioned and are in very good shape. I bought these off Ebay but never wore them as I have a couple of other pairs of shell LWB.

Excellent example of shell PTBs - I'm pretty sure these were made by Hanover. Would have like to have kept this pair but was determined to sell off those shoes that were rarely worn...

Please reach out if you have any questions.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe some of you gentlemen would be interested in this. I am not sure if this is vintage or not, as I don't know if Footjoy still makes shoes now or no?
I do not know if they still make it, but the DryJoy line was introduced in 1996. If I still played golf, I would be a buyer at that size for new in box.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is today Florsheim Friday? Or Footjoy Friday? I’m covered either way with Frye socks.

NOS 93602

999FE06E-A42F-4193-8EEC-738B5A8ADFA9.jpeg
3BA5731E-BC5E-48FF-8D68-E1AF5BC76E41.jpeg

And Footjoy 74351 Alligator Tassel Loafers I really like these but I would get more wear out of them if they were brown.

A5E2612A-717F-4656-B4D1-27BBDBAC7465.jpeg

E23B85E3-F110-40FB-AA93-B62FE7B95A2C.jpeg

kilowatts

Reaction score
Happy Friday! Just picked up a Leeds in tan scotch grain, mid 1990s. I though I was saving that money for resoles but guess not.

View attachment 1594561
Hi Guys:

I really like those pebbly Leeds. I didn't know they were ever made. What I'd really like to see is a pair of suede Leeds, but I don't think those exist at all. I hope someone proves me wrong, in size 11E.

kilowatts

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I really like those pebbly Leeds. I didn't know they were ever made. What I'd really like to see is a pair of suede Leeds, but I don't think those exist at all. I hope someone proves me wrong, in size 11E.

kilowatts
Or 10.5C - 11C!

I like any well known style that is made of suede. I have a Florsheim LWB that was a MTO in suede. One of my very favorite pairs.

It would be cool to see other iconic styles in suede. Did AE ever make a Park Avenue in Suede? Or a MacNeil in suede (that sounds awesome)? I have an Alden NST in suede that I really like. I have been eyeing a couple Alden suede styles with lust in my heart.

kilowatts

Reaction score
Or 10.5C - 11C!

I like any well known style that is made of suede. I have a Florsheim LWB that was a MTO in suede. One of my very favorite pairs.

It would be cool to see other iconic styles in suede. Did AE ever make a Park Avenue in Suede? Or a MacNeil in suede (that sounds awesome)? I have an Alden NST in suede that I really like. I have been eyeing a couple Alden suede styles with lust in my heart.
Hi Noble:

I have 2 pairs of made in India suede Florsheim LWBs and I like them a lot. They have the Florsheim version of a Dainite sole and heel and are comfortable and stylish. Further, the quality seems just fine to me, similar to modern AE. My pared down collection is now 50/50 suede to leather and I find I wear the suede a little more frequently and the shell, not very often. I must admit, at the risk of appearing blasphemous, that I'm becoming tired of the continuous care and attention shell requires. I like the look of PTBs more than other styles and alas, I only have one pair in suede by Oak Street Bootmakers in roughout suede, very nice shoes. I'd like a pair of NST in suede too, a little more formal I think. Also like the AE Gridiron very much along with the beefroll penny loafer in football leather.

Of course, I'm not old enough to remember it but I understand that the King Edward the Eighth while Prince of Wales, made quite the fashion faux pas when he wore brown suede brogues with a city suit in London in the 1930's. Cut quite a dash though.

kilowatts

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk about suede made me want to get out my J&M tassel. They are a vintage violation but certainly on-topic. I bought these when they were having a clearance sale.

I’m not really a fan of current J&M. But, these were parts of their “Collection” which were made in Italy. I bought them knowing J&M are relatively disposable and I was curious about this line as they marketed them as premium.

The style does have a little European flair to it with the longer narrow toe. I like them but I know if they get worn a lot they will fall apart. Hopefully, I am wrong.

F21E0BB4-7D3A-4094-8AAC-49DC41FD2DB7.jpeg
3EC44D94-F5E5-4FCD-B3B0-5BDA51551D15.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dack’s kudu wholecuts today. I love Dack’s.
BCCCCE8F-CB5E-4595-B908-1F0E3E8D69D1.jpeg
0D2683D6-D928-4A1F-8B0E-8168C292E824.jpeg

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
LOLOLOL. Yes. Yes indeed.

I know the exact store you're talking about.
Me too.

Four years ago I was in NYC with my girlfriend wondering when she could contact her friends so I can have a free afternoon for shoe shopping.

Approaching Central Station she saw Alden store and said "hey shoefreak why don't you go in and check if you find something you like", I also follow my instincts and said "nahh, I am tired".

Dodge and survive!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.