• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I played high school baseball (3 games) against a guy who went on to be the starting quarterback in 10 Super Bowls; he won 7 of them. I’m pretty sure he tells people in private that the highlight of his athletic career was playing against a guy who has a very good vintage shoe collection.

****, really?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you believe the other fathers aren't wearing vintage florsheims?

Friggin' communists, man.

Then I encourage more people to become communists. More vintage shoes for me. I am fairly left wing as it is. But I love vintage footwear. Especially Florsheim.

Better start recruiting comrades.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this unusual pair of shoes by the Stetson Shoe Company, who were one of that rather large group of NE shoemakers back in the day. and I'd like to ask of the accumulated expertise on this thread, just what type of shoes are these? While the company is unrelated to the western hat company of the same name, the shoe is surprisingly western in look, with the appearance of a chopped-off western boot with side gores. In 2-3 decades of yard sale-ing, thrifting and finding vintage shoes, I've never seen a pair like this, and my Google-fu hasn't been helping. Any ideas?
View attachment 1592441 View attachment 1592442 View attachment 1592443 View attachment 1592444 View attachment 1592445 View attachment 1592446
I would call that a slip-on.

I think those were Bostonian made Stetson shoes.

Quantum17

Reaction score
Then I encourage more people to become communists. More vintage shoes for me. I am fairly left wing as it is. But I love vintage footwear. Especially Florsheim.

Better start recruiting comrades.
I agree that Florsheim gunboats won the Cold War.
It was all a misunderstanding, gentlemen!!! Khrushchev was only so excited, he waved his shoe to demonstrate what quality vintage shoes should be. да да it’s true

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/26/...nd-the-shoe.html?referringSource=articleShare
B5F90F49-FE11-45FC-A8F8-4CFE3C40AA47.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
It was all a misunderstanding, gentlemen!!! Khrushchev was only so excited, he waved his shoe to demonstrate what quality vintage shoes should be. да да it’s true

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/26/...nd-the-shoe.html?referringSource=articleShare View attachment 1592533

Amazing how the mind spins... anyone else remember this vintage florsheim foreign relations incident from 15 or so years ago?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing how the mind spins... anyone else remember this vintage florsheim foreign relations incident from 15 or so years ago?

Bush dodged them as he wore Allen Edmonds to the inauguration.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is the shark stretcher? (exotics) Is it CWOyaji? (I can't recall) Could it be done from a C to a D? And this is only the right foot, really. My left will fit a C

thanks for info.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Bush dodged them as he wore Allen Edmonds to the inauguration.

Gotta hand it to GWB on that one! I chalk it up to his days around the Texas Rangers as a successful businessman. From what I was able to tell from my frame-by-frame analysis of the incident, it was a hell of a knuckle...shoe. As for the Iraqi journalist - clearly ahead of his time as he easily could have plunked DT if given the opportunity. Lets be honest, he's a much bigger target with, shall we say, unusual ideas about physical exertion.

Anyway! back to shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics