• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All finished. Having never seen a GH before, and not having any dye formula to follow, this is as close as I will be going. It's certainly possible that someone else could do a better job, but this will do for me. The coloration is subtle, and I think it will be difficult to get the "correct" color in both sun and shade. The direct sun overpowers the yellow tones and leaves it more in the walnut range. These will do until I magically stumble across a MTO GH that someone had made in my size. (which will never happen.)

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
All finished. Having never seen a GH before, and not having any dye formula to follow, this is as close as I will be going. It's certainly possible that someone else could do a better job, but this will do for me. The coloration is subtle, and I think it will be difficult to get the "correct" color in both sun and shade. The direct sun overpowers the yellow tones and leaves it more in the walnut range. These will do until I magically stumble across a MTO GH that someone had made in my size. (which will never happen.)

View attachment 1586533

View attachment 1586534

I think they look great! Well done!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1586533

View attachment 1586534

Thanks for sharing your process and results. Enjoy them in good health!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1586533

View attachment 1586534

Great job! Looks good. Cool to watch your whole process.

vestbash

Reaction score
Not an expert either but these looks like very fine shoes. Where did you buy them? and can I be so bold as to ask you the price? The nails in the heels ! I like them.

I have another new pair with the original box and bags in black Horween shell cordovan in size 10D, they are original run Duckie Brown collaboration. If you're interested let me know.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know an eBay seller lngwng? Seems like somebody that would be on here?

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1586533

View attachment 1586534
That’s a spectacular job. GH color is all over the place. Your version looks as good if not better than the best versions. Congrats. Wear them in good health.

Last edited:

happypebble

Reaction score
Hi experts! Would one of you know the answer to this question: did Weyenberg ever make shoes in shell? Thank you.

happypebble

Reaction score
Wearing these to evening Vespers: they're Wright Arch Preservers in 13B. Normally a B width would be a no go, but I guess they're a bit generous as they feel OK. Photo makes them look a bit more bright red than they actually are.
20210403_152828.jpg
ppl

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great point that I was not considering. I was thinking only from the value perspective that including the new welts is good because it does not cost an extra $80 for welts. BUT, as you pointed out the welt does not have to be replaced every time and by replacing it with a machine, it would actually weaken the upper. Great point!

as it turns out, I don’t have a pair of AE that needs a recraft except for a pair that has so much wear, it would not make sense to do a recraft anyway.

I almost had a pair recrafted when they had a special. They were offering a $100 credit for a new purchase with a recraft service on an old shoe. But, I realized the particular pair of tassel loafers had a tear in the instep that could not be fixed.
I've used them before. And I probably will again.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are Weyenberg, from their latter years of waning quality. Blake stitched. I got them NOS and replaced the crazy original plastic heels.
image.jpg

Good enough for a grocery run and from a distance they look like they could be shell, but they’re not. But for ~$30, I’m happy.
CD44D045-CF96-4673-8516-498CD7F2BFAC.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member