• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

right_hook

Reaction score
Great! Then after this wrestling match, I’ll carry @stook1 tan pair home, for personal.

I’m today old knowing bombers come in tan. May I ask, how many other colors do we have?
They are so cool that it wouldn't be out of order to knock all three of you out after the wrestling match to grab the Grand Prix :)
Just kidding my dear shoe friends. Or not?

Quantum17

Reaction score
They are so cool that it wouldn't be out of order to knock all three of you out after the wrestling match to grab the Grand Prix :)
It's always wise to not mess with Dr. Chopp, or to aggravate Mr. Right Hook :)
Sir yes sir. Loud and clear, Mr. Hook, sir.
Screenshot 2021-04-02 174851.jpg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Haha, for better or worse, I think @Jiqea , @Quantum17 , and I are roughly the same size. Actually, to be more precise, I think I am in between @Jiqea and @Quantum17, which I kinda thought would bode well for my accumulation of prized shoes from their collections but it has not panned out that way much to my chagrin! As it turns out, I think it would be more accurate to say that @Quantum17 swoops in to buy the shoes that I hesitate to buy and later regret... while @Jiqea has tentacles all over Canada locking down the supply of those treasures in the great north!

This pair above were shipped out from a US border town near Buffalo. We Yankees managed to sneak a pair out from the mother country. I'm still awaiting a reply from the CBP about my petition to repurpose the Keystone project for my shoe initiative.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, those look like shell, checks davidVC . I'm not sure I need them but I am drinking a milk stout (Left Hand). Seemed like a decent gamble. (Thanks again, davidVC)

100% shell. Check this list:

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice score! BTW those Stuart McGuires may have been made by Hanover, like my model OV-438s here. Brand markings are just a little stamp pressed into a Hanover insole.
997C2F99-55ED-4D8E-83F7-4447E1B7300A.jpeg

I own shoes made by Hanover for Sears, ET Wright, Bostonian, these and some others I can’t remember right now. [EDIT] Church's. They must have had a lot of excess capacity back then.
0D429754-A7E9-46D7-92FF-8B1387822D50.jpeg

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dack’s camel ? short wings today. Dack’s fit me better than any other vintage shoe maker.
4D316597-02EB-4F52-AD15-F9EB4679FACB.jpeg

happypebble

Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, thanks. I thought I had written that originally.

I didn't realize davidVC created that list. But now I know.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to sound snarky if it read that way. I had edited and wasn't sure what I had left in my comment.

No worries, brother. We can all benefit from each other's knowledge.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday in the office, so I figured I'd keep my spirits up by putting on some vintage shell.
Bostonian Crown Windsor shell LWBs. These are a tad large and roomy for me, but for a long day on my feet they are the perfect choice.

20210403.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I am not finished, I feel it is time for a home made Golden Harvest update. The short version is that I think it is working out. Here are the shoes as received.

IMG_0176.jpg

Started stripping with acetone. Here is first pass on one shoe for comparison with the original.

IMG_0177.jpg

I spent about two hours in three different sessions of stripping with acetone, including working on the welts. I stopped here because not much else was coming off and I was afraid I might produce irregular patches that would affect any dyes.

IMG_0182 2.jpg

I bought a piece of leather that was approximately the same color and did some experimentation. You can see the original color and the area that received straight yellow Feibings yellow. Far too yellow for my taste and it requires some modification.

IMG_0192.jpg

I covered the welts to avoid staining the welt threads. This is after the first dye session this morning and photo taken in the shade.

IMG_0194.jpg

I will apply a second coat to smooth out any irregular areas and then start working on the welts and edges, which will be followed by polishing. You can compare the third picture with the final picture for a before and after first application of dye.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blahblah1776