• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think my oxfords are made out of, man?

They're resolable for over 3000 years!

Don’t let them get wet!

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not 100% sure the shoes you've posted, are from David's shoe store in Toronto, which has folded.

David's did carry a lot of high end brands. In their dying days, they had some inhouse models made by Bally and some Italian manufacturers.

I agree with our exalted leader that these are shark. Canadian shoe companies loved exotic skins.
So, do you think these would be a US or Canadian size?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most of us, I check the Watch list that @davidVC puts up on a regular basis. I also know we all enjoy reading new posts on Vcleat. So, I have a few ideas.

I wish I knew more about the various Florsheim leathers — like Coventry Calf, or Cashmere Calf, or Windsor, etc.

What’s the difference? Why are they different, do they serve a different purpose other than cosmetic? . . .

Or maybe a special entry on MTO Florsheim. There aren’t many out there but they sure are intriguing.

Or maybe a survey of under appreciated Vintage models? E.g. I think the Nettleton Shortwing Bal is not well known. Or maybe there is a Florsheim model that isn’t that popular, but turns out to be exceptionally well made.

Or the opposite, what shoe was a total failure for Florsheim?

Or, is there a less known vintage manufacturer that is under appreciated and should be one we know more about?

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are essentially the same,
Copy. I might throw them an offer. I've got a pair of shark Florsheim coming but the seller couldn't identify the width. In case those don't fit I should probably have a backup plan.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
These Nunn Bush(es) arrive. They somewhat fit. Slight stretch would be good.

Excuse the pj and tan socks.

0302210707.jpg
0302210702.jpg
0302210709.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jiqea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a little afternoon nap, and woke up to find these NOS Florsheim Imperial 92604's by McHale sitting at my front door. Maybe it is true that afternoon naps are good for you. I certainly feel better now. They are likely late 70's or early 80's.

IMG_6276.jpg
IMG_6278.jpg
IMG_6273.jpg

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most of us, I check the Watch list that @davidVC puts up on a regular basis. I also know we all enjoy reading new posts on Vcleat. So, I have a few ideas.

I wish I knew more about the various Florsheim leathers — like Coventry Calf, or Cashmere Calf, or Windsor, etc.

What’s the difference? Why are they different, do they serve a different purpose other than cosmetic? . . .

Or maybe a special entry on MTO Florsheim. There aren’t many out there but they sure are intriguing.

Or maybe a survey of under appreciated Vintage models? E.g. I think the Nettleton Shortwing Bal is not well known. Or maybe there is a Florsheim model that isn’t that popular, but turns out to be exceptionally well made.

Or the opposite, what shoe was a total failure for Florsheim?

Or, is there a less known vintage manufacturer that is under appreciated and should be one we know more about?

So are you volunteering to write one or more of these articles?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you volunteering to write one or more of these articles?

Ha! I don’t think I have enough expertise to write one. Maybe I should come up with an idea for one I could write.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads