• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been finding my son's friend some nice saddle shoes because I come across his size and not mine. These look like aligator on calf but I can't make the number match with wasmisterfu's polo list. Looks almost like it was written in. Please advise.
View attachment 1459257
View attachment 1459258
it’s embossed leather not real alligator. Cool shoes, but not exotic.

mormonopoly

Reaction score
40 NOS? I should declare you a vintage shoe God. Wow.

How many pairs do you own, in total?
Ha, that’s quite high praise. I’m up to 89 pairs now, including the two pairs currently in the mail on their way to me (one of which is actually NOS pair number 41). I definitely seek out NOS pairs, I just love to have the best possible example of a shoe model.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha, that’s quite high praise. I’m up to 89 pairs now, including the two pairs currently in the mail on their way to me (one of which is actually NOS pair number 41). I definitely seek out NOS pairs, I just love to have the best possible example of a shoe model.

Problem is never worn (unless say boxed away from air) will usually be very dry and require months of conditioning with no guarantee of success. But the love of vintage makes the gamble worth while...

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walking my son to school everyday gives me an opportunity to wear my shoes. Otherwise working from home until January.

LWBs form the majority of my collection. And for good reason - they can be worn with anything and can be dressy or casual. Also, black shell is so underrated and understated. A quick touch up brush this morning make this AE MacNeil pair glow.

I e-thrifted this pair, and was going to flip them. But for some odd reason, the 9.5D in this last fits me well. Huh. So I kept them, and had Chris Barrett rebuild with JR graffiti soles. Given my track record where eyelets on my shells have been tearing, I then sent to Pablo Hadarits who reinforced them with grommets and toe taps.

I hope these will last a long time. They fit well and look awesome.

20200916_073633.jpg
20200916_073646.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problem is never worn (unless say boxed away from air) will usually be very dry and require months of conditioning with no guarantee of success. But the love of vintage makes the gamble worth while...
Thats a good point. I wonder if I should use Bick 4 on the NOS pairs I’m getting? I don’t want to use anything that could alter the finish or color. Just protect it and make sure they are conditioned.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walking my son to school everyday gives me an opportunity to wear my shoes. Otherwise working from home until January.

LWBs form the majority of my collection. And for good reason - they can be worn with anything and can be dressy or casual. Also, black shell is so underrated and understated. A quick touch up brush this morning make this AE MacNeil pair glow.

I e-thrifted this pair, and was going to flip them. But for some odd reason, the 9.5D in this last fits me well. Huh. So I kept them, and had Chris Barrett rebuild with JR graffiti soles. Given my track record where eyelets on my shells have been tearing, I then sent to Pablo Hadarits who reinforced them with grommets and toe taps.

I hope these will last a long time. They fit well and look awesome.

View attachment 1459502View attachment 1459503
You are right! They do look awesome!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time flies when one is having fun.

Time crawls as slow as a glacier when one waits for the delivery of shoes! I’m working at the dining room table where I can see outside and hear traffic. every vehicle makes me think the truck is here!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half of my shoes arrived.

Two pair 13005 (Black Shell PTB) one NOS and the other VERY light wear in boxes!

1 pair NOS 92604

1 pair 93631 (Golden Harvest!) very light wear but oddly a replacement sole.

Ill take more individual pictures once the whole collection arrives. I’m definitely keeping one pair of Golden Harvest. Another pair arrives tomorrow.

B157CCB6-4AA9-4351-BCCE-41CDFA5747D3.jpeg
CC9695F4-0587-4C2C-8966-B183B560EED3.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.