• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sprayed the insides with cancer-in-can last night, so I could work on them this morning
Four rounds of saddle soap. Three passes with acetone. Two coats of Bick 4. Just a touch of black polish on the toe and vamp. Ironed the flat laces that came with them.

There is still some wax residue on the rear quarters, if I really want to go back after these, but I think I’ll focus on conditioning for now. Best of all, they fit well enough that full-figured shoe trees will make them work just fine: no stretching needed.

View attachment 1393844
View attachment 1393846
View attachment 1393849
View attachment 1393850
View attachment 1393851
View attachment 1393852
View attachment 1393853
View attachment 1393854

Overall, they are in beautiful shape that belies their age. There is a pretty good nick on one toe. I considered whether or not I should repair with Renovatrice, but I feel like it’s a battle scar from the Mormon Tabernacle organ. I think it needs to stay.

View attachment 1393856
Wow, those are absolutely beautiful. They look hand welted to me, with a blind bottom outsole stitch and channeled top-stitch (on the welt). I think serious effort went into the construction of those shoes.

Great history, beautiful shoes, it’s fantastic that they landed with someone here (versus some kid buying them for prom or something).

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would leave the battle scar as well. It is possible that this was a toe that rubbed somewhere on the organ since they were performance shoes only worn when the organ was being played. At least that is what some of the information I read online indicated was typical for organ shoes.
They are part of the shoe, which is historically significant, so I completely agree.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are absolutely beautiful. They look hand welted to me, with a blind bottom outsole stitch and channeled top-stitch (on the welt). I think serious effort went into the construction of those shoes.

Great history, beautiful shoes, it’s fantastic that they landed with someone here (versus some kid buying them for prom or something).

Well, maybe some guy going to prom needs to look good, in order to get lucky.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those pre-Prada custom grade?

Regardless, they’re beautiful.
Not sure how to date them, but the calligraphy inside is legible so that’s a plus. Sometimes I can hardly make out what the markings say inside Church’s. The cities on the heel pad seem to vary over time too, so that may be another clue. Definitely made in Northampton England though, which is always welcome.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 9D 93605 that are barely worn... REALLY good deal for this condition. Not mine.

I grabbed them. Minutes before I bought these, I brought in the left shoe on my existing pair of 93605s after it spent a day in the sun. I’ve been trying to lighten it to match the lighter shade of the left shoe. Still not there. It’s always bothered me, along with the different levels of shine between the two. I’ve been looking for a better pair for quite a while. I found these. I thought about submitting a best offer, but I was afraid that by the time the seller responded, they would get snapped up. I actually think this is a pretty good deal given the condition. The pictures do appear that the right shoe may darker than the left. But, I’m willing to take a chance, especially with free returns. Two dayS, two pair of shell (grabbed some shell AE Bradley from Poshmark yesterday for a song). I’ll be selling some of my existing pairs to pay for these, including the aforementioned 93605s if the incoming version is a clear upgrade.
80086A0D-21B7-41D1-9316-04BE16BD8C4E.png
E07CBC98-E2CF-407A-981C-5F65510062AF.png
204F02E4-A70E-4207-8566-60BBE8A1E135.png
66D32490-FE49-4702-A526-C6CEB43A0A93.png
0A4C4BDB-021D-4C44-A604-49A8AFE57D1A.png

Last edited:

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed them. Minutes before I bought these, I brought in the left shoe on my existing pair of 93605s after it spent a day in the sun. I’ve been trying to lighten it to match the lighter shade of the left shoe. Still not there. It’s always bothered me, along with the different levels of shine between the two. I’ve been looking for a better pair for quite a while. I found these. I thought about submitting a best offer, but I was afraid that by the time the seller responded, they would get snapped up. I actually think this is a pretty good deal given the condition. The pictures do appear that the right shoe may darker than the left. But, I’m willing to take a chance, especially with free returns. Two dayS, two pair of shell (grabbed some shell AE Bradley from Poshmark yesterday for a song). I’ll be selling some of my existing pairs to pay for these, including the aforementioned 93605s if the incoming version is a clear upgrade.
View attachment 1394115 View attachment 1394118 View attachment 1394119 View attachment 1394120 View attachment 1394121
Man, you 9D guys have all the luck! Congrats on these; they look great!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe some guy going to prom needs to look good, in order to get lucky.
Counselor, I don’t know how to tell you this, so I’ll just come out and say it: you’re not down with the newness; you ain’t gettin that new para-dig-am; you’re not with it. These are what one needs for prom, if you want that thot action:

iKy2w9n.jpg

Rn6cu4W.jpg

Enhance... ENHANCE...
ss2kuRc.jpg

giphy.gif

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
View attachment 1394115 View attachment 1394118 View attachment 1394119 View attachment 1394120 View attachment 1394121

Oh excellent! That was a sweet deal. They look to be in exceptional shape.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
@friendlygoz
I am not sure which pair I think is a better deal. Both good buys on lovely shoes. Congrats on both.

I just purchased a very odd pair of shoes. They are a pair of Imperials with a 4 digit model number. I think they must have been a custom order. We'll find out when they land and I will post pics.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody a 10E? At $70 BIN I would snarf them up if they were a 13 D, but no such luck.
1F272864-6F1F-4DB6-B621-FF752DD66DD5.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anybody a 10E? $70 BIN, I would snarf them up if they were a 13 D but no such luck. View attachment 1394173

HAHAH. Now I bought two pairs in a row. This is too funny. This should be an upgrade for my pair of 93602s (not to parrot @friendlygoz )

I think this is proof that kharma is real. And I dont even believe in kharma. :-D

Oops, by the way, thank you @CWOyaji!

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAHAH. Now I bought two pairs in a row. This is too funny. This should be an upgrade for my pair of 93602s (not to parrot @friendlygoz )
Awesome! The condition on this pair looks great. And if you see a pair of these in a 13 D, please let me know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads