• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Apostle

Reaction score
Ordered VSC for the first time a few months back. Don't really use it. Can't figure out if I received a bad batch or if it's SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE chunky **** mixed with a smashed banana.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered VSC for the first time a few months back. Don't really use it. Can't figure out if I received a bad batch of if it's SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE chunky **** mixed with a smashed banana.
definitely not how my bottle is, mine is the color of milk, or elmers glue, no chunks, doesn't require me to vigorously shake the bottle mix it or anything, something sounds off with yours

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ordered VSC for the first time a few months back. Don't really use it. Can't figure out if I received a bad batch or if it's SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE chunky **** mixed with a smashed banana.

I had one of the small bottles, which was a bit like that and worked well. I recently re-upped with one of the 32oz tins and it seems to be a more smooth, even consistency. I'm not sure why they are different but both seem to work the same. I'd try it out and not worry about it. Good all around product that offers some cleaning, conditioning, and shine.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I was thinking about get the 32 oz tin.

With that amount, I want to check if I can use on other leather (leather sofa, leather car seats, hand-bags.)

Does it work well for leather where you have skin contact?

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s fine. Just shake the bottle before use.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aesthetically, Before. For safety, After.
+1. I have all of my vcleat heels replaced. I feel a little bad each time. But rubber heels are way safer and a lot not comfortable.

The Apostle

Reaction score
I had one of the small bottles, which was a bit like that and worked well. I recently re-upped with one of the 32oz tins and it seems to be a more smooth, even consistency. I'm not sure why they are different but both seem to work the same. I'd try it out and not worry about it. Good all around product that offers some cleaning, conditioning, and shine.

Thanks to all that replied. I have used it and it seems fine. The color is white but the consistency just makes you scratch your head and kind of want to vomit. I tried soaking the bottle in hot water for a few min and that helped a bit, untill it cooled off again.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I was thinking about get the 32 oz tin.

With that amount, I want to check if I can use on other leather (leather sofa, leather car seats, hand-bags.)

Does it work well for leather where you have skin contact?

I think it depends on the leather more than anything else. At least in cars, most leather is so highly treated/processed that it's hard to know what's best to use on it. Sofas are similar. I tried using lexol NF on my sofa since it seemed dry and it did not work out well. It was discolored for quite a while and I am not convinced it did much of anything helpful.

Handbags are likely closer to shoes. I've cleaned up some of my wife's bags with good success. I'd suggest doing a small test to see what happens.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of V-cleat's, I found a pair for the first time yesterday. Lloyd and Haig longwings. Some good info on the company in this thread, and some on David's blog. I'll have to dig in to see if I can identify the maker of these. I probably paid too much considering they are size 8.5, so don't fit me, but I think with just another couple coats of hard polish they could look incredible. ;)

I read that they are hand dyed so I will need to be careful about removing the original finish when I clean them up.

IMG_7480.JPG
IMG_7481.JPG
IMG_7482.JPG
IMG_7483.JPG

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of V-cleat's, I found a pair for the first time yesterday. Lloyd and Haig longwings. Some good info on the company in this thread, and some on David's blog. I'll have to dig in to see if I can identify the maker of these. I probably paid too much considering they are size 8.5, so don't fit me, but I think with just another couple coats of hard polish they could look incredible. ;)

I read that they are hand dyed so I will need to be careful about removing the original finish when I clean them up.

View attachment 1339965 View attachment 1339966 View attachment 1339967 View attachment 1339968
I happen to be an 8.5 D. . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads