• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is Family Day in Ontario. It's a statutory holiday, so the fam and I will be checking out a warplane museum and meet an astronaut.

Woke up at my usual time. And saw this awesome pair of Stuart McGuire LWBs in shell on vcleat.com list. Shell cordovan website confirmed material. Listing says 9ee which will work. Pics say 9F which will also work.
Screenshot_20200217-071806.png
Screenshot_20200217-071810.png
Screenshot_20200217-071814.png
Screenshot_20200217-071818.png
Screenshot_20200217-071823.png
Screenshot_20200217-071829.png
Screenshot_20200217-071835.png

For 89, quite the deal. My final price will be just about $180 (Canadian).

ccpl14

Reaction score
Today is Family Day in Ontario. It's a statutory holiday, so the fam and I will be checking out a warplane museum and meet an astronaut.

Woke up at my usual time. And saw this awesome pair of Stuart McGuire LWBs in shell on vcleat.com list. Shell cordovan website confirmed material. Listing says 9ee which will work. Pics say 9F which will also work.View attachment 1338647View attachment 1338648View attachment 1338649View attachment 1338650View attachment 1338651View attachment 1338652View attachment 1338653

690 is 9EE. Well done.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
690 is 9EE. Well done.
Are these made in England? 690 for English made shoes is 9F, which does loosely translate to 9EE for US sizes. These should fit me.

I thought I had turned a corner from buying new additions... now I need to purge a few pairs.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's finds. Nothing too spectacular.

Allen Edmonds Chester. I don't think I've ever seen flatter shoes.

View attachment 1338578

Towncraft loafers. At first I thought they were gator skin, but additional research informed me that TC was the Penney's house brand, so they're probably embossed CG.

View attachment 1338579

Another pair of Tony Lama. Please tell me this is lizard or snake and not some sort of endangered hide.

View attachment 1338580
Boots are ostrich leg.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from vacation cruise. I’m way behind on pages. I wore flip flops and Sperry for the last 10 days and I am glad to be back in real shoes. I did discover on a couple of shore excursions that Sperry are not all the comfortable for a lot of walking.

Despite missing my dress/work shoes, I decided to ease back into office life with a fairly laid back pair of loafers. A pair that never lets me down.

Maybe this would be a good time for guess the maker! This one might be too easy. But, after 10 days off, I have to ease back into work also.

Thus, here are your clues:

1. Made in the USA
2. Not sure of the age, but old enough that they were made in USA and made with quality materials.
3. Real hand sewn moccasin construction
4. Real quality leather sole

95B67774-AFFC-4E63-A8DD-705A9B7C727B.jpeg
73A95CF9-B8E8-4B8D-91A1-CFDD950BCFCB.jpeg

ccpl14

Reaction score
Are these made in England? 690 for English made shoes is 9F, which does loosely translate to 9EE for US sizes. These should fit me.

I thought I had turned a corner from buying new additions... now I need to purge a few pairs.
Not sure about origin of those, but they sure are nice.

I thought I was done for a while too, and then this weekend happened. Shell incoming.

I can stop any time, I just choose not to.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goodwill find about a month back. Cleaned with Lexol and Meguiars leather conditioner three weeks back.
Read about Brick 4. Leather looks far better us Brick 4. Paid $6.50. Going to eventually list on

View attachment 1338697

View attachment 1338693
View attachment 1338694

View attachment 1338701

I thought I was done for a while too, and then this weekend happened. Shell incoming.

I sold three pairs this weekend and only bought two. That's control!!!! Pretty proud of myself.

I found a pair this weekend that I thought would work for me. SPADE sole Footjoy dress shoes! Rare! But, I don’t think they will work for me. Most likely going to be offering to you all for sake or trade first. Then off for consignment. Will post pics.

Like you all, I can’t resist finding and buying!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would any of us choose to stop?

Nealjpage

Reaction score
Back from vacation cruise. I’m way behind on pages. I wore flip flops and Sperry for the last 10 days and I am glad to be back in real shoes. I did discover on a couple of shore excursions that Sperry are not all the comfortable for a lot of walking.

Despite missing my dress/work shoes, I decided to ease back into office life with a fairly laid back pair of loafers. A pair that never lets me down.

Maybe this would be a good time for guess the maker! This one might be too easy. But, after 10 days off, I have to ease back into work also.

Thus, here are your clues:

1. Made in the USA
2. Not sure of the age, but old enough that they were made in USA and made with quality materials.
3. Real hand sewn moccasin construction
4. Real quality leather sole

View attachment 1338689View attachment 1338690
Welcome back, NP! I wondered where you had gone.

I'll try a guess on your loafers. W. C. Russell?

davidVC

Reaction score

Woke up at my usual time. And saw this awesome pair of Stuart McGuire LWBs in shell on vcleat.com list. Shell cordovan website confirmed material. Listing says 9ee which will work. Pics say 9F which will also work.View attachment 1338647View attachment 1338648View attachment 1338649View attachment 1338650View attachment 1338651View attachment 1338652View attachment 1338653

That was my listing! I need to clear some space so I listed both Stuart McGuire pairs I own.

I believe I bought the pair in 2016. They have been sitting unworn since other than a couple photo shoots.

You'll have to give us a full review of the Stuart McGuire Ortho-Vent Spring-Step system. I have never worn a pair.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was my listing! I need to clear some space so I listed both Stuart McGuire pairs I own.

I believe I bought the pair in 2016. They have been sitting unworn since other than a couple photo shoots.

You'll have to give us a full review of the Stuart McGuire Ortho-Vent Spring-Step system. I have never worn a pair.
Haha. I was looking at that pair last night as well. I was trying to determine if the seller had correctly determined the size. A closed the listing without being 100% sure and figured the seller surely knew more than me. That was a good judgment, I suppose! :-D

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, NP! I wondered where you had gone.

I'll try a guess on your loafers. W. C. Russell?
Thanks! Glad to be back. 10 days away from the real world is a long time!

Nope on Russell. Actually I don’t know who that is. This maker is not totally obscure. Perhaps not as well known as some.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.