• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

actionjbone

Reaction score
Where do you guys get sanding cloths?

I checked my local auto parts store, they don't carry any. I checked Amazon, I can't find such fine grit.

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys get sanding cloths?

I checked my local auto parts store, they don't carry any. I checked Amazon, I can't find such fine grit.
Not sure where you are located but I got mine at a local Advance Auto Parts, which I think may be a semi-regional chain.

This is the one I got --- it's a couple bucks cheaper on Amazon.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Do Aussie sizes run 1 size down relative to US sizes?

I wanted to buy a pair of RM Williams boots, and was told to go one size down from US sizing.
RMW do UK sizing, so yes you would definitely want to go down a size from your US size. They seemingly tend to be sized on the generous side, in my experience.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Milksteakboiledhard

Reaction score
Love my shark concords.
If they fit, I'd send those bad boys off for a double leather (or something like v-tread) resole and never worry about the conditions. They are definitely a well made shoe and interesting leather. If anyone is looking for a pair in 9 D message me and I'll send them at cost + split shipping (to US).

actionjbone

Reaction score
Was supposed to rain all day, so I went for some vintage MiEngland Docs.

And then the sun came out.

IMG_20191009_114642400_HDR-01.jpeg

eTrojan

Reaction score
Church’s Cotswold in Ranch Oxhide today.

friendlygoz

Reaction score
These 1957 Florsheim Imperial 35602 Alligator Norwegians have come to live with me, by way of Jiqea!

With flash...

View attachment 1255737

...and without.

View attachment 1255739

And a couple more shots:

View attachment 1255743

View attachment 1255744
Those are awesome. I just got some Saphir Reptan for my alligators and sharkskins. It works wonders. Did you have problems with them being dry? There's a pair of alligator Florsheim Norwegians on ebay in my size. The seller has had them listed for more than a year at a ridiculous price. I'm thinking of making an offer at a much lower price in a PM. You are inspiring me.

lbgradwell

Reaction score
Those are awesome. I just got some Saphir Reptan for my alligators and sharkskins. It works wonders. Did you have problems with them being dry? There's a pair of alligator Florsheim Norwegians on ebay in my size. The seller has had them listed for more than a year at a ridiculous price. I'm thinking of making an offer at a much lower price in a PM. You are inspiring me.
No, mine have lived a pretty easy life and seem to have been very well cared for. The hide is soft and supple with no damage, but I may give the linings a sip of neatsfoot.
I watched a Kirby Allison video and he recommended the Reptan for alligator. Another video said mink oil! I'll have to get some Reptan, but it's not pressing and the shoes will continue to live their pampered lives.
This pair was also once on eBay for (what I consider) far too high a price. Jim made an offer that was accepted, so perhaps yours will be too. Be sure to report and post!

Jiqea

Reaction score
No, mine have lived a pretty easy life and seem to have been very well cared for. The hide is soft and supple with no damage, but I may give the linings a sip of neatsfoot.
I watched a Kirby Allison video and he recommended the Reptan for alligator. Another video said mink oil! I'll have to get some Reptan, but it's not pressing and the shoes will continue to live their pampered lives.
This pair was also once on eBay for (what I consider) far too high a price. Jim made an offer that was accepted, so perhaps yours will be too. Be sure to report and post!
I gave them a big drink of Reptan a few days before I shipped them. I am so pleased that they fit well and look so great!

lbgradwell

Reaction score
I gave them a big drink of Reptan a few days before I shipped them. I am so pleased that they fit well and look so great!
Aha! Then I guess that's why the hide feels perfect!

This afternoon was the first time I've worn them. I wore them to go to Value Village. Haha! It's important to look good when thrifting.

To be honest, they're a tad tight, but I'm confident a few wearings will mold them to my feet better. :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.