• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for Allen Edmonds experts: the difference between Strand and Strandmok?
For those who believe a picture is worth a thousand words, on the left, the original version Strandmok (which came in tan or blue suede) and on the right, those floppy tongued fools, the Strandmok 2.0.

Other than the name, the two shoes are very different. The original Strandmok is very comfortable and very easy to put on. The Strandmok 2.0 is no where near as comfortable and has a floppy tongue (at least in the suede version) which makes it very difficult (nearly impossible) to put on.
IMG_2312.jpeg

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
For those who believe a picture is worth a thousand words, on the left, the original version Strandmok (which came in tan or blue suede) and on the right, those floppy tongued fools, the Strandmok 2.0.

Other than the name, the two shoes are very different. The original Strandmok is very comfortable and very easy to put on. The Strandmok 2.0 is no where near as comfortable and has a floppy tongue (at least in the suede version) which makes it very difficult (nearly impossible) to put on.View attachment 1244678
Now for the Strandmok challenge. Who has the largest Strandmok collection?
Are those crepe outsoles or just White Dainite?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

friendlygoz

Reaction score
Shell Graysons today. TGIF.
DAB28435-461C-4856-BDC5-855A0D3BC8C4.jpeg
3064F3A3-1338-41F5-A6CD-B1E647A87AE4.jpeg

friendlygoz

Reaction score
Same last as your MacNeil
I’m a 9D. These are true to size and very comfy. This particular pair had been worn no more than twice when I got them off of Poshmark for $74 shipped (yes, I’m bragging). I like the quote a bit, though I wish they had a higher vamp.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a 9D. These are true to size and very comfy. This particular pair had been worn no more than twice when I got them off of Poshmark for $74 shipped (yes, I’m bragging). I like the quote a bit, though I wish they had a higher vamp.
Yes, that was quite the score! They are lovely. Thank you for the information.

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
I thought I saw a pair of Park Avenues at the thrift store. Just Dack’s cap toe oxfords.
Can’t seem to remove the stain on the insole. I don’t see any visible stitches by the welt.
Could these be cemented construction?! :O

Attachments

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw a pair of Park Avenues at the thrift store. Just Dack’s cap toe oxfords.
Can’t seem to remove the stain on the insole. I don’t see any visible stitches by the welt.
Could these be cemented construction?! :O
Cobblers on Facebook discussed this particular issue, and shoe. Most believe it's a Goodyear welt, but the outsole wasn't stitched for some reason.

The welt itself is likely there but not seen.

I have no opinion as I've never taken a pair apart. And I just clearly volunteered myself to do so.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went over the Allen Edmonds chukka boots with a deer bone and used some VSC for the first time. Changed the laces and I think these are ready for another spin. :cool:

View attachment 1244979
I am really regretting not jumping on these.

That said, they're in good hands amongst the brotherhood.

smfdoc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0384D18F-18CB-4D9F-8D35-6077CC70CDD7.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.