• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great getting together for lunch today with @friendlygoz at a local august institution of higher learning. Shoe accumulation strategies were discussed, notes compared on various topics and quality footwear was worn. Goz brought the heat with the J&M supertassels, while yours truly made do with a pair of thrifted Florsheim 97626s. Rock on, thread bros!View attachment 1244048
I wish there were vintage enthusiasts in my area to hang out with. Glad you guys can meet up and keep the addiction healthy.

friendlygoz

Reaction score
Great getting together for lunch today with @friendlygoz at a local august institution of higher learning. Shoe accumulation strategies were discussed, notes compared on various topics and quality footwear was worn. Goz brought the heat with the J&M Supertassels, while yours truly made do with a pair of thrifted Florsheim 97626s. Rock on, thread bros!View attachment 1244048
A great way to spend lunch. Believe or not, @CWOyaji ‘s thrifting exploits are better than he presents here. I really need to hit the thrift stores with him to see him in action.

We had the best shoes of all the lunch goers.
8BB92E6F-D593-4DBD-A2F0-0EE70BE6BF37.jpeg
1C059414-9810-48D4-A678-71907BB8335C.jpeg
Here’s another look at the J&Ms with the tassel laces.

friendlygoz

Reaction score
I wish there were vintage enthusiasts in my area to hang out with. Glad you guys can meet up and keep the addiction healthy.
I found someone else on the Facebook group. Great guy. You need to come to the Bay Area.

happypebble

Reaction score
Having never had real leather shoes until recently, I never knew just how warm they are on your feet--especially here in Las Vegas when it's 113 degrees outside. Just an observation; they ought to be quite comfortable for upcoming winter.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having never had real leather shoes until recently, I never knew just how warm they are on your feet--especially here in Las Vegas when it's 113 degrees outside. Just an observation; they ought to be quite comfortable for upcoming winter.
You sound like a good candidate for loafers and unlined shoes.

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that I like about the contest is that we are required to share the process. It’s not just a “before” and “after.”

You don’t see professionals sharing their techniques. So the contest is a good way to promote some innovation and sharing of the process. For me, that’s been the best part.
+1 :cheers:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing (non-vintage) suede shoes (both lined and unlined) last summer in Arizona on days it was between 110 and 115.

You may find some suede shoes to be cooler than some leather shoes.

Wearing grey suede unlined shoes.

P1120017.jpeg

Wearing snuff suede unlined shoes.

P1110964.jpeg

Wearing white suede lined shoes.

P1120103.jpeg

Staying in the shade as much as possible helps.

mariusscott

Reaction score
Hey, @mariusscott - party foul, dude.

Those derbies ain't no balmorals. :D
here I was worried when I saw the message on these the other day, i liberally like to call any oxford like this captoes, and likely get more search results then derby....but in this crowd I will respond with what a wiser teacher told us in prep school. When in trouble and being accused of something, look and feel guilty, put your hands in the pockets, head down and eyes on a spot on the floor...and for extra merit pretend to kick some loose dirt with your shoes

happypebble

Reaction score
Question for Allen Edmonds experts: the difference between Strand and Strandmok?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for Allen Edmonds experts: the difference between Strand and Strandmok?
Strand is flat welt. Strandmok is reverse. There's also two Strandmoks, the 1.0 and 2.0. 2.0 changes lasts from 65 to 201 and goes unlined.The 2.0 can also come with the gummy soles, but I don't remember if it's all of them.

Edit: there's no 2.0 last...I meant 201.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, thread pals.

One of my first vintage pairs - B Mason Executive Imperial.

Fits TTS, and versatile. I just use VSC to keep them conditioned.

Attachments

eTrojan

Reaction score
Inauguration Day!

Broke out the Zegna suit and the shell MacNeils.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.