• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My car's nowhere near that cool; I've wanted an E-type since forever...
I've only ever seen one or two in person but that silhouette with the long hood is to die for. Especially in BRG (british racing green) and of course, Vintage black cherry shell. Ps. As I read your reply, I hope you understand I was referencing the view of the shoes, not the car.

Last edited:

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only ever seen one or two in person but that silhouette with the long hood is to die for. Especially in BRG (british racing green) and of course, Vintage black cherry shell. Ps. As I read your reply, I hope you understand I was referencing the view of the shoes, not the car.
I wasn't quite sure, so I figured I'd focus on the E-type. There was a guy down the block when I was a kid who had a red one a few model years older than the one in your pic (IIRC, it was a '63); drop-dead gorgeous cars, those... Thanks for the great compliment on the shoes in either case. :)

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who at Hanover thought it was a good idea to put this seam on the outer-facing side of the shoe?

actionjbone

Reaction score

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure, so I figured I'd focus on the E-type. There was a guy down the block when I was a kid who had a red one a few model years older than the one in your pic (IIRC, it was a '63); drop-dead gorgeous cars, those... Thanks for the great compliment on the shoes in either case. :)
Yes, sir. Those shoes are e-typical, you might say. Lovely.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unboxed the Golden Harvests today and wondering if they are worthy. Flush vcleat and LJ code tells me they are from Dec. 1969, so coming up on their 50th birthday soon. Pix:
Photo Sep 16, 7 46 27 PM.jpg

A little dirty, but not too bad.

Photo Sep 16, 7 46 42 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 16, 7 46 47 PM.jpg

Some gouges on the toebox.

Photo Sep 16, 7 46 53 PM.jpg

More gouges.

Photo Sep 16, 7 47 26 PM.jpg

Some kind of homemade repair job on the piping. Glue? Epoxy? Doesn't seem to cause problems with a quick (pre-UV) try on, but doesn't look so hot...

Photo Sep 16, 7 50 16 PM.jpg

That one vcleat is toast.

Photo Sep 16, 7 48 07 PM.jpg

The current state of the ShoeLab... Lighting is good for working, less so for photography.

Any thoughts on the condition? They weren't the cheapest shoe I've ever bought online...

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Unboxed the Golden Harvests today and wondering if they are worthy. Flush vcleat and LJ code tells me they are from Dec. 1969, so coming up on their 50th birthday soon. Pix:
View attachment 1242237

View attachment 1242236

View attachment 1242235

View attachment 1242234
More gouges.

View attachment 1242232
Some kind of homemade repair job on the piping. Glue? Epoxy? Doesn't seem to cause problems with a quick (pre-UV) try on, but doesn't look so hot...

View attachment 1242230

View attachment 1242231

The current state of the ShoeLab... Lighting is good for working, less so for photography.

Any thoughts on the condition? They weren't the cheapest shoe I've ever bought online...
If you send them to Bedo's I would like a count on for how many times he mentions those are his favorite shoes. They are mine too. Are those original laces though?

actionjbone

Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1242237

View attachment 1242236

View attachment 1242235

View attachment 1242234
More gouges.

View attachment 1242232

View attachment 1242230

View attachment 1242231

I bought a second pair of Golden Harvest that is horrible compared to yours. You can clean up, or send to a cobbler.

happypebble

Reaction score
So jealous about those Golden Harvests. There's got to be a 13D pair somewhere...gotta find it.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Just chiming in from the Thrift Thread to let you know that I grabbed a pair of 93631 Golden Harvest longwings without checking closely, and it was only when I got home that I realized someone had them "painted" by a cobbler. Takes them out of contention for me as a resale item, but I thought one of you might enjoy them as a worthy project, since they are otherwise in pretty sturdy shape, with nice thick soles, and I think would come up beautifully with some work. Date code AA, so from 1960 or 1970. They are 8.5 B, so if one of you is that size, and would like to have these as a project, HMU and I'll send them your way. Pix below. I'll update this post when someone has claimed them as their own. Looking forward to seeing the pix when they're restored!

P.S. re happypebble: I think 13s are going to be a tough find. I was looking at some historical and current size distribution graphs for shoe size the other day, and 50-60 years ago the middle of that bell curve was at 8.5, with 13 an extreme outlier. Now, the midrange is 10.5-12, so 13s are only one standard deviation from average, and much more common amongst modern shoes. But back then, almost unobtainium. Good luck!!

fullsizeoutput_1634.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1a11.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_15c6.jpeg

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1242237

View attachment 1242236

View attachment 1242235

View attachment 1242234
More gouges.

View attachment 1242232

View attachment 1242230

View attachment 1242231

Those are simply a terrible disgrace and should be sent away immediately! I'll PM you my address.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics