• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

friendlygoz

Reaction score
1969 Florsheim shell PTBs today. I really like these.
CD690D6F-C116-4BE0-AC03-73727421BD36.jpeg
3CD80391-7E56-4EB0-845C-DFAED6B625A7.jpeg

woofmang

Reaction score

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday with Barrie's
IMG_20190911_090517.jpg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finding those Church's reminded me that my Chetwynds were due for some Saphir Renovateur. These originally came from a St. Vincent de Paul store, as part of The Haul. I'm going to wear them tomorrow.
fullsizeoutput_2143.jpeg

Last edited:

Oshare

Reaction score
@suitforcourt 9eee AE shell Dundee. All you.
Amazing price. Not sure chukkas fit into my wardrobe. I'd rather buy another pair of shell shoes.
Or shell Daltons. Or shell Indy's.
I couldn’t resist. I’d been looking for a pair of shell Chukkas for a couple years now.
Hopefully the 3E width will allow for the half size shorter length.
I’m having these sent to my US address and hope to pick them up at the end of next month.
I went to bed thinking I have enough shoes. This morning, I woke up to 18 new messages on SF. Then @smfdoc 's wise words hit home. Then I realized others wanted them.
You snooze, you lose. What an appropriate quote.
@Oshare - post pics when you get them. Great pick up. We can always trade if they don't work out for you. I have a few pairs in 9.5D and 9.5E that are not ideal fits for me.
My trip back to the US suddenly got moved up by about 2 weeks, so I'm back in the states right now... and that means I was able to pick up the Allen Edmonds shell Dundee chukka boots that were waiting for me.

They're a bit scuffed up, but overall in decent shape. I'll need to go over them with a light cleaner, conditioner, and brushing when I get them home. Right now I have no shoe care products with me.

20190911-01.jpg

I think the scratched out part on the soles are because the seller was trying to hide the pen markings that had a thrifted price indicated on them. I can sort of make out a "__4.99" so maybe they were something like $24.99 or $34.99? The seller made out pretty well on the deal.

But I'm overall satisfied with them at the price I paid, and the soles don't have a whole lot of wear on them. Call it a well-deserved finder's fee to the seller.

20190911-02.jpg

And the fit? They are a tad snug, but I think they will work out because of the wider 3E width. I don't want to really wear them out until I can go over them with lots of conditioner, but I'll be taking them back to Japan with me and likely adding to my rotation. Sorry @suitforcourt !

20190911-03.jpg

Hotel Cali

Reaction score

Jiqea

Reaction score
NOS Crown Windsor 10.5 EEE for $55. And they might be even shell?

Thanks for the tip. I just bought them for my wide footed son. They look great! Finally my insomnia pays off!

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IfOTE="Oshare, post: 9887849, member: 265483"]
My trip back to the US suddenly got moved up by about 2 weeks, so I'm back in the states right now... and that means I was able to pick up the Allen Edmonds shell Dundee chukka boots that were waiting for me.

They're a bit scuffed up, but overall in decent shape. I'll need to go over them with a light cleaner, conditioner, and brushing when I get them home. Right now I have no shoe care products with me.

View attachment 1239324

I think the scratched out part on the soles are because the seller was trying to hide the pen markings that had a thrifted price indicated on them. I can sort of make out a "__4.99" so maybe they were something like $24.99 or $34.99? The seller made out pretty well on the deal.

But I'm overall satisfied with them at the price I paid, and the soles don't have a whole lot of wear on them. Call it a well-deserved finder's fee to the seller.

View attachment 1239325

And the fit? They are a tad snug, but I think they will work out because of the wider 3E width. I don't want to really wear them out until I can go over them with lots of conditioner, but I'll be taking them back to Japan with me and likely adding to my rotation. Sorry @suitforcourt !

View attachment 1239326
[/QUOTE]

It's a great find for a pair of shell. Nothing to be sorry for. You know how to find me if you get tired of them.

Jiqea

Reaction score
I had two nice pairs of Dacks Bond Streets arrive last evening. Dacks first produced the Bond Street in 1928, and which point it was the name for a single shoe model. By 1932, and the height of the depression, Dacks introduced an entire line of Bond Street shoes, geared towards younger men at a lower price point than their traditional lines. In order to keep prices down they used Canadian sourced leather rather than imported French leather. The Bond Street line continued to be produced with Canadian leather until the Second World War, when it seems to have been discontinued.

By the early 1950's, and after the sale of the company by S.E. Dack (my avatar) to the Marston Corporation in 1948, the Bond Street line was reintroduced as an entry level offering, however the shoes were sourced from Churchs and were all manufactured in England. Later the shoes would be made by Cheaney after they had been purchased by Churchs. The two pairs pictured below are the earliest of these English made Bond Streets that I have found, and with their nailed heels and superb construction, I believe them to be from the 50's. The one pair came with their original shoe trees which are definitely from the 50's. The leather appears to possibly be water bison, although it is not indicated in the shoes. They retailed in the 50's for $17.50.
IMG_2366.jpg
IMG_2365.jpg
IMG_2363.jpg
IMG_2360.jpg
IMG_2361.jpg
IMG_2362.jpg
IMG_2364.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage violation. AE Strands in walnut. Honestly, I don’t get the hype about this pair. They don’t call to me like my vintage pairs.

Plus every pair of AE I have ever owned, the heels squeak like crazy when I walk. I guess my walking style is incompatible with Wisconsin craftsmanship.

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.