• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Oshare

Reaction score
I’ve got a pair of Footjoy sharkskin saddles on the way. The sizing was a bit of a gamble, and now I am anxiously waiting to see if they work out.
View attachment 1222903
I hope the Footjoy sharkskin saddle shoes work out for you. I took a gamble on mine as well, and picked them up on a whim.

They are a bit on the snug side when compared to my Florsheims of the same marked size, but YMMV.

Yesterday was the first time I wore them for a full day of work at the office, and I was pleasantly surprised that despite being snug my feet were not aching when I got home. Definitely keepers!

stook1

Reaction score
Thanks for this write up. I've never used VSC, but am very curious to try it. Will probably order some and pick it up the next time I'm stateside.

Did you buy the big 32 oz. tin? The only other size seems to be a small 3 oz. glass bottle, which might be enough to do 2 pairs of shoes? ;)
Haha, it's very funny you mention this. There has got to be a side business for a mid-sized VSC repack. I bought the little 3oz container a couple years ago and I'm nearing the end of it. I like the product, especially for shell but for other leathers too. I do wish there were more size options though. I will probably order the giant size next time and will have it for the rest of my life. Also, as a side note that might be relevant for you for shipping, etc. the 3oz one is plastic not glass. It would be enough for a lot of shoes, actually. I'm not too sure how many times I have used it but quite a bit more than for 2 pairs.

Shoonoob

Reaction score
Lots of hype on the AE thread for the upcoming shell trunk show. Sadly my water heater started leaking last night which kills any idea of getting another pair of boots this year. This made me very sad.
Today's wingtip wednesday shoes got me thinking about vintage value again. With shipping I think these cost me 120.
20190814_115422.jpg

A pair of burgundy shell AE Macneils will set you back 695 plus tax. Although well made I doubt they will be looking this good in the year 2060. And they have sissy heals!
20190814_121329.jpg

I should really stay exclusively on this thread. Makes for a much happier day.

Carry On

stook1

Reaction score
Lots of hype on the AE thread for the upcoming shell trunk show. Sadly my water heater started leaking last night which kills any idea of getting another pair of boots this year. This made me very sad.
Today's wingtip wednesday shoes got me thinking about vintage value again. With shipping I think these cost me 120.
View attachment 1223602
A pair of burgundy shell AE Macneils will set you back 695 plus tax. Although well made I doubt they will be looking this good in the year 2060. And they have sissy heals!
View attachment 1223609
I should really stay exclusively on this thread. Makes for a much happier day.

Carry On
But can you get them in navy or green or chili? ;)

Those florsheims look great. Aside from the unique colors it's hard to justify the macneil at retail with the availability of really good vintage options.

Good luck with your water heater. I recommend the heat pump ones.

Shoonoob

Reaction score
But can you get them in navy or green or chili? ;)

Those florsheims look great. Aside from the unique colors it's hard to justify the macneil at retail with the availability of really good vintage options.

Good luck with your water heater. I recommend the heat pump ones.
I've never tried to recolor shell...sounds like a new project :)

stook1

Reaction score
I've never tried to recolor shell...sounds like a new project :)
I will give a serious reply to your presumably facetious one. ;)

I was asking recently about dying shell myself since I have an ocean blue wallet that's lost some of it's color. It is apparently doable. I will post pics when I get around to this...

stook1

Reaction score
Thou doth presume incorrectly. I love ridiculous projects.
I dont think it's that rediculous myself. Risky, yes. I'm going to try it in the next week or two once I'm done with the current project.

Shoonoob

Reaction score
Current project is not moving along very quickly. Too bad the restoration challenge isnt like the SSIA competition where only one shoe is restored. I might finish in time that way.

actionjbone

Reaction score
Current project is not moving along very quickly. Too bad the restoration challenge isnt like the SSIA competition where only one shoe is restored. I might finish in time that way.
Just be like me and accept you don't care about contests, so you finish everything on your own time. ;-)

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we were SSIA level, we'd be much happier as a group.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.