• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Are these any good?
I don't know about Cheaney for BB.

But Joseph Cheaney line is very high quality. I have handled them in person and pit them against Crockett Jones. Cost about $800 (Canadian) a pair.

Cheaney also currently makes shoes for Matthew Dacks.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh this is a good one I should have sent pictures of...I have an unworn pair of the golden harvests as well.
Dude, stop it. You're killing us.

kilowatts

Reaction score
Its probably a taboo here on this thread to admit such things, but yes. I have about a dozen or so unworn Florsheims, Hanovers, Stetson, Johnston & Murphy cordovan and calf shoes that I need to list.

Let us know the sizes available before you list. It's a brotherhood thing!!

kilowatts

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Friendly:

My gut says no. A little too narrow of a last and the leather looks a little suspect. Naturally, I reserve the right to be wrong!

kilowatts
Leather could be CG, but I don’t think so. I think they’re just dried out and sitting under a quick&dirty wax job. I’d say they’re C&J and probably very good. But I’m not sure I’d spend 68 bucks on them, given the photos kinda suck. 30-40 bucks is all I’d be willing to spend.

stook1

Reaction score
They dont appear to be c&j to me. Theres a pic towards the end that shows stamped rather than handwritten numbering on the inside of the shoe. I'm not too sure what they are but I'm fairly certain not c&j.

I agree that there are better options out there at this price. They might clean up but they look a bit beat to me.

Leather could be CG, but I don’t think so. I think they’re just dried out and sitting under a quick&dirty wax job. I’d say they’re C&J and probably very good. But I’m not sure I’d spend 68 bucks on them, given the photos kinda suck. 30-40 bucks is all I’d be willing to spend.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They dont appear to be c&j to me. Theres a pic towards the end that shows stamped rather than handwritten numbering on the inside of the shoe. I'm not too sure what they are but I'm fairly certain not c&j.

I agree that there are better options out there at this price. They might clean up but they look a bit beat to me.
RTW (e.g. not “Handgrade”) C&J are stamped, and C&J makes (and has been making) the majority of BB branded miUK shoes. If it says Peal & Co., it’s most likely C&J.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.