• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mo56029

Reaction score
Deadstock Hanover Shell PTBs fresh from a Goodwill in PA.
2D531F8E-95B6-4E70-8AEA-F4BB18BE650A.jpeg 33E69679-61D0-4232-A772-87C3AF06D8B9.jpeg D108AA1F-ED6A-4164-8619-2DC7D1CA7C4B.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thrifted this pair of Florsheim Imperial 93603s before Thanksgiving last year, and cleaned them up a little.
View attachment 1141418
But I wasn't satisfied with the big dark blotch on the right toe, so I put them in a box and forgot about them.
View attachment 1141419
Going through my shoe rack this morning, I found them again. I wet sanded the right toe to the extent that a white ellipse of naked leather appeared, surrounded by a dark blotch. Out of a pure lack of alternatives I mixed 25% Clorox bleach, 75% tap water in a glass jar and wiped the front of the shoe down, let it set for a bit then rinsed it off throughly with water. This made some startlingly white areas, especially where they had been sanded, and lightened up the contrast welt stitching quite a bit. Some boot polish and they're back. View attachment 1141593
The stitching is amazing considering the shoes were resoled with Biltrite that will probably last till Judgement Day. And the Cat's Paw heels still have maybe two or three of their nine lives yet to live. They're a 9 E.
View attachment 1141592

You're a magician.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife is at a concert with a friend, so I’m out for dinner with the kids. Tonight it is Sadaf, a very good Persian restaurant in Encino. Some Tahdig with fesenjan, a little albaloo polo with lamb shank, and some chicken koobideh and chicken barg. All very tasty.

Brought the Florsheim Imperial 92604s tonight. Pre-1973 edition. Date code is almost completely rubbed off, so hard to determine beyond that. These fit much better than the post-73 93602s.

62F3BF7B-51CC-47D6-A54E-01384F55A25B.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife is at a concert with a friend, so I’m out for dinner with the kids. Tonight it is Sadaf, a very good Persian restaurant in Encino. Some Tahdig with fesenjan, a little albaloo polo with lamb shank, and some chicken koobideh and chicken barg. All very tasty.

Brought the Florsheim Imperial 92604s tonight. Pre-1973 edition. Date code is almost completely rubbed off, so hard to determine beyond that. These fit much better than the post-73 93602s.

View attachment 1141665

I love Persian cuisine. Bargs and kebabs remain my favourite and they go nicely with their fragrant barberry rice.

Good choice for shoes as well. It's interesting that you find different years fit you differently. I assume Florsheim changed the lasts at some point? Wonder why. Enjoy your evening out.

Sartoriamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First visit here from a thrift/eBay thread regular. Some of the guys over there said I should be cross-posting any interesting shoes I come across, so here's the first . . .

Thrifted suede kiltie Aldens. Not a mark on 'em.
img_1354-jpg.1141657

I'd removed only one tree on first look, seen the Mills Touche logo and assumed they were both the same. But when I removed the other, look what I found:
img_1366-jpg.1141661

Damn. That looks to me like a 1970s logo, but these shoes look as though they were bought yesterday. Can't have been worn more than once. The uppers are indistinguishable from new. Mille Touche opened their Phoenix store in 1963 and shuttered it in the early 2000s, so that would fit. Someone must have kept these the past 40 years in exceptional, climate-controlled conditions, as there's no evidence of the suede drying at all, and it doesn't take much for that to happen here in the desert. They look as though they just came out of their original box, perfectly conditioned. Maybe you guy see a higher concentration of mint vintage stuff on this thread, but I haven't seen a lot IRL. I have to chuckle at the crooked Alden stamp on the left shoe.

I can think only that they most recently were NOS (probably because of the outlier size – 10 AAAA/AA), and somehow they got unearthed, still in the box, maybe at an estate, where someone grabbed them, but decided after one wearing that they were too darn narrow, and donated them to the upscale little hole-in-the-wall thrift from which I confiscated them, shoe trees'n'all. The heel plate holes have me scratching my head, though . . . One of those finds where I'd like to know the story . . .
img_1361-jpg.1141658
fullsizeoutput_e7a-jpeg.1141659
img_1365-jpg.1141660
img_1367-jpg.1141662

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First visit here from a thrift/eBay thread regular. Some of the guys over there said I should be cross-posting any interesting shoes I come across, so here's the first . . .

Thrifted suede kiltie Aldens. Not a mark on 'em.
img_1354-jpg.1141657

I'd removed only one tree on first look, seen the Mills Touche logo and assumed they were both the same. But when I removed the other, look what I found:
img_1366-jpg.1141661

Damn. That looks to me like a 1970s logo, but these shoes look as though they were bought yesterday. Can't have been worn more than once. The uppers are indistinguishable from new. Mille Touche opened their Phoenix store in 1963 and shuttered it in the early 2000s, so that would fit. Someone must have kept these the past 40 years in exceptional, climate-controlled conditions, as there's no evidence of the suede drying at all, and it doesn't take much for that to happen here in the desert. They look as though they just came out of their original box, perfectly conditioned. Maybe you guy see a higher concentration of mint vintage stuff on this thread, but I haven't seen a lot IRL. I have to chuckle at the crooked Alden stamp on the left shoe.

I can think only that they most recently were NOS (probably because of the outlier size – 10 AAAA/AA), and somehow they got unearthed, still in the box, maybe at an estate, where someone grabbed them, but decided after one wearing that they were too darn narrow, and donated them to the upscale little hole-in-the-wall thrift from which I confiscated them, shoe trees'n'all. The heel plate holes have me scratching my head, though . . . One of those finds where I'd like to know the story . . .
img_1361-jpg.1141658
fullsizeoutput_e7a-jpeg.1141659
img_1365-jpg.1141660
img_1367-jpg.1141662

Welcome to the thread. Cool find. You are correct that they have only been worn 1-2 times based on the scrapes to the sole. Now to find someone with really narrow feet.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Florsheims to celebrate the spring forward.

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SWBs Monday. Vintage Alden 645s. These will need new soles sooner than I thought, as there are several soft spots.

CC10AD90-A11B-401A-8969-E2D48B6D6723.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members