• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254097307958

You think these Aristocrafts are worth gambling on?

Trying to find a pair of Crown Aristocrafts in my size is next to impossible.
By the way, anyone know the differences in Aristocraft vs the Crown aristocraft line?
I think those look fantastic. I’ve never had a pair and I have a hard time distinguishing between vintage and non vintage J&M but these look like vintage based on the double row stitching. I would offer $18 and see what happens.

Last edited:

kilowatts

Reaction score
This pair may have been made in India. I also wonder about her size. It says an 11, but the external measurements are listed as 14 inches by 5.5. Way bigger than an 11.
Hi Doc:

Yeah, I think they're Indian alright. The people who list the items on this site are often wrong so it's a bit of a crap shoot for size. If they're unusually inexpensive then one can take the gamble.

kilowatts

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254097307958

You think these Aristocrafts are worth gambling on?

Trying to find a pair of Crown Aristocrafts in my size is next to impossible.
By the way, anyone know the differences in Aristocraft vs the Crown aristocraft line?
Crown Aristocraft was top line and Aristocraft was just below it. I have a pair of older Aristocrafts that are really well made and superbly comfortable. I had some not very old Crown Aristos which were not nearly as impressive.
I would gamble on these.

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score
hello, trying to identify this pair of wingtips I rescued from the gw bins this weekend. I have tried the google machine, but I must have pissed it off, because it has been no help. they have been resoled so there is no markings on bottom of shoe. the outline of symbol in left foot shoe made me think florsheim worthmore's, but the model numbers did not verify that. any info would be appreciated.
20190212_221938.jpg 20190212_222000.jpg 20190212_222021.jpg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello, trying to identify this pair of wingtips I rescued from the gw bins this weekend. I have tried the google machine, but I must have pissed it off, because it has been no help. they have been resoled so there is no markings on bottom of shoe. the outline of symbol in left foot shoe made me think florsheim worthmore's, but the model numbers did not verify that. any info would be appreciated.
View attachment 1125419 View attachment 1125420 View attachment 1125421
Maybe Mason Executive Imperials?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1125419 View attachment 1125420 View attachment 1125421

I associate that symbol with the outline of a calf skin. It is often used in a small sticker on the sole of shoes to show it is made of leather. Kind a generic thing many brands have used.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Florsheim tried product placement back in 1974 with Chinatown, but it didn't go as planned...

:lurk:

Couldn’t make out what he said but I think it was something like “why would you put a vcleat on the damn Florsheims?!” Tough to navigate the LA river in vcleats so it’s understandable.

Last edited:

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with vintage Church’s shell cordovan LWBs? How is the sizing? Do they run wide, narrow compared to Florsheim LWBs?

@smfdoc Doc, I think you had purchased a pair some time ago. They were kind of burgundy/ravello shade.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently acquired 93603. Trying to figure out my best approach to diminish the spotting. It’s not particularly noticeable from a distance, but my preference is to remove or minimize. Thoughts?

CCECBCBD-5B67-47D8-9BE9-318A3E728566.jpeg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently acquired 93603. Trying to figure out my best approach to diminish the spotting. It’s not particularly noticeable from a distance, but my preference is to remove or minimize. Thoughts?

View attachment 1125695
have you tried saddle soap? use a dauber brush. if that doesn't work, use a toothbrush. condition them a lot after since they saddle soap can be drying. that has worked for me.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with vintage Church’s shell cordovan LWBs? How is the sizing? Do they run wide, narrow compared to Florsheim LWBs?

@smfdoc Doc, I think you had purchased a pair some time ago. They were kind of burgundy/ravello shade.

Not me. I have never had Church's shell. Not that I remember....so....many.....shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads