1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Brooks Brothers 3-piece sack suit

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by Orgetorix, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

This is the classic Brooks Brothers Number One sack suit, the one that made Brooks famous, the one that defined Trad. I've had it for a few years, but it's too big for me now and it's time to pass it on to someone who can appreciate it. It's a great medium-heavy weight (probably around 12-14 oz) charcoal gray chalk stripe fabric. Brooks suits are hard to date precisely because the styles stayed so consistent, but I think this one is from around the late '60s. It's a gem - 3-pieces sacks like this aren't super common.

It's in good condition; there are no holes, rips, stains, etc. The only issues are some places where the trouser waistband lining and the sleeve linings need to be restitched, but that should be an easy fix.

$75 including shipping in the CONUS. Will ship elsewhere, too.

There's no tagged, size, but I'm estimating it around 42R.
    Pit to pit: 22"
    Shoulders: 18.5"
    Length (BOC): 31"
    Sleeves: 25" with 1" to let down

Vest chest, pit to pit: 21"

Trouser waist: 37" with maybe 1" to let out
    Inseam: 31" with maybe 0.5" to let down plus 1.5" cuffs

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.