Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage boots I found. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cmrocks, Jun 13, 2006.

1. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

I was at my parents place on the weekend and took a quick look through my dad's closet and found a pair of vintage cowboy boots. They are probably 20 or 25 years old and look like they are still in great condition. I tried them on with my Nudie Slim Jims and my Diesel Zathans. Pictures are below.

With the Zathans:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...naps/boot5.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...naps/boot4.jpg

With the Slim Jims:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...naps/boot3.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...naps/boot2.jpg

What do you guys think? I don't know if I fee like I could pull those off or not. I'm definately not into country and western music/culture what so ever. I don't want to look like I'm posing. On the other hand, I think they are really cool boots. I would probably wear them with a tshirt or polo layered with a long sleeve or with a sweater during the winter.

2. mdk

mdk Active Member

I like them, but they could probably use a good polishing. They look awkward on the Zathans because of the big opening, but since they look weathered, I don't think they pair well with dry denim either. If you had a slim straight leg jean with a normal wash, I think it would look a lot better.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I like them with the slim jims. The Zathans look off since the vamp is covered too much. And I like the Jim outseam stitching which ties the denim with the boots well. These aren't "out there" cowboy boots so I'd say rock them in good health. Just don't dress *too* western on top or you will look like yer Brokeback.

4. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

I would say rock them all you want. Like Jason said though I would avoid wearing them with the Zathans, there is too little vamp showing (a joke about being a Rhinestone Cowboy comes to mind...). I like mixing different textures in clothes so I would say go for the slim jims, the outseaming also matches the shoes well. Have fun!

A.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Definitely looks cool with the Jims. Would look a bit like women's shoes with the Zathans.

6. gza

gza Senior member

They do look great with the SJ's. The pointed toe marries well with the skinny jean, to my eyes at least. If you want a western-style boot to wear with the bootcut Zathans, I'd go for a squarer-toed variety, or perhaps ropers, which lack the decorative detail on the vamp. Both are more explicitly masculine and would help you avoid the look Brian warned you about.

7. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

Thanks guys.

I don't want to project a western image at all. I normally wear chucks or moccasins for footwear. I want to wear the boots with my sweaters and collared shirts but I don't want to look stupid mixing styles or something. You think that would be a problem?

8. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

collared shirts should be fine, i think? nice boots. [​IMG]

9. axla

axla Member

Thanks guys.

I don't want to project a western image at all. I normally wear chucks or moccasins for footwear. I want to wear the boots with my sweaters and collared shirts but I don't want to look stupid mixing styles or something. You think that would be a problem?

I wear cowboy boots all the time, but I don't wear the hats or the buckles. I love the booted look with polo shirts and button downs. Since I work in an office wear jeans are forbidden, I also wear cowboy boots with Dockers and slacks too.

10. stach

stach Senior member

I was at my parents place on the weekend and took a quick look through my dad's closet and found a pair of vintage cowboy boots.
    He's ok with your 'shopping'?

11. JeffVyain

JeffVyain Active Member

i'd wear them with your slim jims and a beat up v-neck for that rockish look peronally...but hey, do whatever the hell you want. they look good though.

12. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

Thanks guys. I don't want to project a western image at all. I normally wear chucks or moccasins for footwear. I want to wear the boots with my sweaters and collared shirts but I don't want to look stupid mixing styles or something. You think that would be a problem?
    its all about mixing styles! hell i wear native american jewelry, medicine pouch, braid with beads with my punk, street, avant garde crap. if you do it right and have the confidence- you can pull it off.

13. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

they look great with the nudies. if you like them then wear them.
    wear what you dig, man.