Vintage bike - Phillips

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Nataku, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I know there are some antique guys on this board so maybe someone can help. I found a vintage black Phillips bicycle at the local Salvation Army for $10. It's Made in England and is a 3 spd. Looks to be 50's. Tires still had air in them. I know $10 is nothing, but I don't want to waste $10 on something that will sit in my garage and will never be able to get rid of. My main interest is to clean her up and sell it. It's a women's bike, as it has the slanted bars. Is this worth rescuing.....what do Phillips bikes go for, as I cannot find anything on eBay.

Also, it appeared to be in very good condition with a few minor spots of wear on the paint anf on the painted logo.

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Try the Classics & Vintage forum on bikeforums.net

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Probably the best resource for English roadsters: http://www.oldroads.com/ (they also have a price guide, of sorts) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillips_Cycles

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Thanks! I'm gonna pick it up for my fiance to ride, as it won't turn much profit, but it's too nice a bike to pass up!

5. parham

parham Active Member

Got any photos?