1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage bike - Phillips

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Nataku, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Nataku

Nataku Distinguished Member

I know there are some antique guys on this board so maybe someone can help. I found a vintage black Phillips bicycle at the local Salvation Army for $10. It's Made in England and is a 3 spd. Looks to be 50's. Tires still had air in them. I know $10 is nothing, but I don't want to waste $10 on something that will sit in my garage and will never be able to get rid of. My main interest is to clean her up and sell it. It's a women's bike, as it has the slanted bars. Is this worth rescuing.....what do Phillips bikes go for, as I cannot find anything on eBay.

Also, it appeared to be in very good condition with a few minor spots of wear on the paint anf on the painted logo.

2. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Try the Classics & Vintage forum on bikeforums.net

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Distinguished Member

Probably the best resource for English roadsters: http://www.oldroads.com/ (they also have a price guide, of sorts) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillips_Cycles

4. Nataku

Nataku Distinguished Member

Thanks! I'm gonna pick it up for my fiance to ride, as it won't turn much profit, but it's too nice a bike to pass up!

5. parham

parham Active Member

Got any photos?