• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage Barbour Beaufort Wax @ STP

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought this Barbour Beaufort jacket from STP with 30% off (email coupon) so really a bargain at 161 USD http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...t-For-Men.html
This is a discontinued model of Beaufort (http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/newpr...StyleID=106129. I am a little bit confused of different versions of the waxed Beaufort. I've seen forum discussions of Beaufort vs Classic Beaufort and tried in a shop the Contemporary Beaufort. I have a contemporary slim fit jacket that I cannot wear with a sport coat, that's why I preffered a Beaufort which is a bit longer, although a bit baggy for my taste. The classic Beaufort I tried was size 40. The Vintage Beaufort I just ordered is Medium, would it fit? Anybody has any idea of differences between the Vintage Beaufort and the Classic one?

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right....

I was a bit surprised that only 1 or 2 Barbour jackets at STP are still made in England..

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are original, classic, and vintage versions of the Bedales, Beauforts, and Borders. I have no idea what the difference is. I generally go for the original only because I prefer the studded liners to the zip-in.

I recently purchased an original bedale in sage from the outdoor and country store on sale for $178, which included the two-day courier service fee. All of their Barbour products are made in england.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 82 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 41 8.5%