• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage 1950s Glen Plaid Flannel Overcoat

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yet another offering from the last century (this time from the 1950s), an outstanding wool overcoat too big for yours truly, so I'm offering to the forum. The coat is in excellent condition--virtually mint as far as I can tell. It's a muted grey glen plaid with a brick red/orange overcheck. Patch pockets. Notch lapel. Center vent. Slightly heavier than medium weight wool flannel. Measurements (at least a 42R, maybe a little larger): 18" across the shoulders 27" sleeves 46.5" chest 45.5" length I'm offering this coat free of charge (I'll even spring for the postage for shipping only to the U.S. or Canada) to the first person who PMs me and agrees to the following conditions: (1) The coat must be for your use only, meaning you won't attempt to flip it on eBay or at the local consignment store. (2) You must have at least 50 Style Forum posts (sorry, newbies, but I'd like to reward the folks who have made at least a modest contribution to the fora).

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, that's a nice coat! I would PM you if the coat were a bit shorter, but the current length is too dressy for me to wear often, and a coat like that needs to be worn at least a few times a week!

Very generous offer, VG. Someone's going to get a nice gift.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Has anyone beat me to the punch? I could use a good overcoat for the upcoming interview season.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be late, but I would love to wear this coat. I am VERY fond of plaids and would have jumped at such a coat if I saw one at a reasonable price.

As once good deed should be followed by another, I will be posting some items for sale with proceeds going to the forum. I have a pair of hinged shoe trees and some fabrics that I will not use.

-
-

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Very nice! Has anyone beat me to the punch? I could use a good overcoat for the upcoming interview season.

You're the first. It's yours pending your contact information (I've sent you a PM).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40