1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vineyard Vines!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by HarrisonK, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I'm not trolling, I'm simply defending my own name/furthing the convocation at hand.

Dude you can furth all the convocations you want, but your actions on the forum so far have been beyond the pale (by which I mean both "out of the boundaries of good taste" and "astonishingly caucasian").

Asking people, apropos of very little, what college they went to, or about their home finances, is trolling. Repeatedly posting your opinions without attempting to engage those who disagree with you is pretty much trolling. Throwing temper tantrums when people do disagree with you is just as bad as trolling.

Learn to talk like an adult or GTFO.

2. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

ok harrisonk i am actually sad that you are not trolling cause if u were, then at least u would be successful.

as it stands you are a pot smoking halo playing car fetishizing average freshman at a college in DC. that's not bad, but you gotta be a dick about things calling people on this forum lower middle class and shit? put up or shut up. we know you don't know how to dress yourself, so post your bank statements with the 6+ figures.

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

...so post your bank statements with the 6+ figures.

Ooh, I think Vineyard Vines makes a shirt for that!

4. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

Dude you can furth all the convocations you want, but your actions on the forum so far have been beyond the pale (by which I mean both "out of the boundaries of good taste" and "astonishingly caucasian").

Asking people, apropos of very little, what college they went to, or about their home finances, is trolling. Repeatedly posting your opinions without attempting to engage those who disagree with you is pretty much trolling. Throwing temper tantrums when people do disagree with you is just as bad as trolling.

Learn to talk like an adult or GTFO.

Well said. [​IMG]

5. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

bump because i finally found an old photo of me wearing some VV pants and a bad ass whale tie [​IMG]

6. Alexidb

Alexidb Member

That said, peasant revolutionaries came up with the trouser (although noted British dandy Beau Brummell popularized it),

"Back-formation from trousers, alteration of obsolete trouse, from Scottish Gaelic triubhas."

We get trousers from trews, basically Scottish tights, in the mid 18th century trews in the Highland regiments went from being cut on the bias to being cut straight. They are much closer to the trousers Beau Brummell would have worn, and predate the French Revolution by about 40 years.

7. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

Bump it up guys!

I went into the store today to see their new spring stuff and its very nice! Very nice choice of pastel colored shorts and some nice new sport shirts.

8. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Ach, I just looked at their web page and found out there's a store in DC on Wisconsin Ave. in Georgetown. Why didn't I know this when I still lived there? [​IMG]

9. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I'm not really a VV type of guy, but my fraternity ordered navy fleece quarter-zips from them with our crest and letters on the breast and initials on the back collar. I've used it all winter. Very soft and comfy.

10. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'm not really a VV type of guy, but my fraternity ordered navy fleece quarter-zips from them with our crest and letters on the breast and initials on the back collar. I've used it all winter. Very soft and comfy.
    I think this is the highest possible realization of the brand's potential.

11. gort

gort Senior member

OP has a badass crustache that rivals Sidney Crosby's.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Sometimes SW&D is pretty indistinguishable from 4chan...

13. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

Ok guys, I think after 112 posts about how terrible I am for liking VV we can get back to the topic at hand, which is specifically about the clothing.

14. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

I don't think that's the reason people still dislike you.

15. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

Ok guys, I think after 112 posts about how terrible I am for liking VV we can get back to the topic at hand, which is specifically about the clothing.

if it wasn't for you trying to keep an actual discussion alive this would have fallen off the face of the earth a long time ago, you're not convincing anyone anymore

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Hey look it's this thread! I'm very glad this thread has returned from the grave.

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

That's some serious Justin Bieber hair.

18. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

I think this is the highest possible realization of the brand's potential.

+1

19. DLester

DLester Senior member

can we move this thread to DT where it belongs?

20. plot

plot Senior member

What's the quality like?