1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vineyard Vine Shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aspasp, Sep 18, 2011.

1. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

I'm looking into some vineyard vine collegiate/plaid shirts. I was wondering if anyone with experience with these shirts know what size i should get. Neck - 15" Waist - 30" and arm - 32"

2. dustin_hisle1

dustin_hisle1 Active Member

Medium, usually a medium is a 15-15 1/2 inch neck. These shirts are not custom made to fit. Actually, they are quite baggy. Arm will more than likely be 33-34 in length. And with that small waist of yours the shirt will not fit snug. But if your looking to wear a tie with it you need a medium to fit your neck size.

3. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

The sleeve length might be a problem, but nothing a tailor can't fix for a small price.

4. graymerica

graymerica Well-Known Member

I had to have my sleeves shortened. I wear a 16.5 / 34 and bought a large VV shirt.

Own three of these shirts. They have been pretty sturdy and a good value for business casual / weekend wear.

Also loved the VV UNC Chapel Hill Tar Heal Bow Tie and Cummerbund set.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Not a fan personally of their shirts.

6. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

I'm not looking to wear a tie with it, but I should still get a medium and get a tailor to fix it?

7. dustin_hisle1

You honestly could wear a small. It really depends on your built. I'm 175 pounds and I can almost fit into a small. The chest is just a little snug. I would try to find a store that carries them and try them on.

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I'm a 15.5 neck, 40R suit and I am wearing a size small as I type this. Much like RL they have different fits/cuts for different shirts. This small is actually one of my best fitting shirts, whereas I have a second BD from them that is a medium and I clearly could not manage a small in that cut.

Go to a VV store or Nordstrom's and try a couple on.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

This is why I have'n't bought anything from VV yet, I knew the sizing wasn't in my favor, I would buy their accessories and what not, but not shirts and pants

10. jakeh0

jakeh0 Member

i am 5'9" and 175 athletic build and i have shirts in small from them. i ordered a medium eliot shirt from them once and was swimming in it. strangely i have a striped oxford medium from them that fits fine. VV is generally overpriced for what you get

11. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

I'm 5'9" 150 so small probably?

12. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

13. dustin_hisle1

I would suggest a small. But they are pricey. Overpriced if not found on sell. I would really consider trying one on.

14. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Exactly, you're far better getting something from B&S.

15. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

Sorry what's B&S?

16. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

The Buying & Selling forum.