• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Villiers Handgrade Shoe Appreciation

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hello,

I've never actually posted shoe Appreciation before...I feel kinda dirty but I really want to show off my latest purchase. C&J handgrade Villiers boots in Antique Chestnut. They are minus the usual mirror shine and they have been worn prett hard before I took these photos.

They're also quite a bit darker in the photos than they are in real life but I can't seem to get my copy of photoshop running in order to fix the problem. Oh...and I included a pic of my Weymouths just for good measure.

Here they are on my nasty shoe polishing bench/bookshelf. Sorry, no oriental rug here...

p1010003kg5.jpg

p1010005qr3.jpg

p1010010xu9.jpg

p1010031pc8.jpg

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, those are beautiful. Where does one go about purchasing these, and if I may ask, how much do they run?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Beautiful boots!

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice indeed!

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
I got them on sale from:

http://www.la-botte.com/accueil_us.shtml

I got the last pair I'm afraid but they still have a black pair in a UK11E here

http://www.la-botte.com/4DCGI/PromoM..._JONES/Homme/1

paid 280€ which is a pretty OK price for handgrades only from the French line.

Colour wise, they're actually much more like the pics of the Belgrave that you see on the official C&J website.

By the way, they are SOOOOO comfortable. The leather is buttery soft.

darck

Reaction score
Sorry to repeat what everyone else just said, but these are some truly great looking boots!

kbuzz

Reaction score
the shoes in the bottom pic are also nice. are those weymouths? In what color designation?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i
inlove.gif
those boots i have been thinking about somethnig like those too you might have pushed me over the edge!

El Guerrouj

Reaction score
I asked C&J where I could obtain this boot. They replied that they only make this boot to order. It can take 6-8 weeks and will cost £575 less tax.

I really like the Buckingham but at this price (roughly $920 less the 15% VAT tax), could I purchase a higher quality boot elsewhere?

I'd appreciate any reviews/opinions on this and other boots. Thanks!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Guerrouj
I asked C&J where I could obtain this boot. They replied that they only make this boot to order. It can take 6-8 weeks and will cost £575 less tax.

I really like the Buckingham but at this price (roughly $920 less the 15% VAT tax), could I purchase a higher quality boot elsewhere?

I'd appreciate any reviews/opinions on this and other boots. Thanks!

575 gbp is total crap - the base price for readily available handgrades is about 250 gbp less. At that price, you might as well check and see what Edward Green has.....

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like both the boots and the shoes! Good choices!

El Guerrouj

Reaction score
Correction on the price: £345 less tax = £294, plus £30 postage from the C&J Royal Exchange Store (currently USD 636.19). I'm very tempted.

Any chance there will be a corrective bounce soon in favor of the U.S. dollar? Or should I buy now before the U.S. dollar plummets even further against the pound?

*The EG Shannon is USD 1,127 from Sky Valet. Also very tempting!
inlove.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't see the Villiers on the Web site anymore...

Is that black "Buckingham" boot really the same model?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads