• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vigoo Mortensen: Style Icon

trogdor

Reaction score
Well, the Phil Spector "critique" seemed popular, so I give to you, Viggo Mortensen: Lord of the Rings star, and inventor of the bull-fighting/ice-dancing/black-tie amalgamation:
viggo.jpg
[oops; I just noticed a typo in the thread title. Anyone know how to change that?]

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
BWAHAHAHA...I can't believe that's Aragorn. That is just plain sad.
sad.gif

Eric

Reaction score
Nah man, its better with the typo.

Eric

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I would add "gunfighter/saloon gambler" to the amalgamation. Something to capture the spirit of the mustache.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I've tied Miss Penelope to the train tracks and you'll never reach her in time. Hahahahahahahahah...."

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never mind lord of the rings...lord of the dance is more like it.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a friend who, when discussing scenes from Lord of the Rings, would refer to the characters by their actor names. E.g, "that scene where Viggo Mortensen and Orlando Bloom rescue Elijah Wood." This is the standard practice for most movies, but not for epics. Would you refer to Luke Skywalker as Mark Hamill or Princess Leiea as Carrie Fisher? Hell no. Only if one were a pretentious ass would one refer to Aragorn as Viggo Mortensen.

Hmm, a bit off-topic.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You only have half the story there... This is what he is looking at...
Kayla%20-%20Flamenco_3_ladies%20pose.jpg
viggo.jpg
Ole. Which of us do you choose to dance with? And where are my Castanets, dangit.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow. finally a man who can dress. he looks fantastic. however, the moustache does not go with the chaquetilla. bravo vigo... bravo

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a friend who, when discussing scenes from Lord of the Rings, would refer to the characters by their actor names. E.g, "that scene where Viggo Mortensen and Orlando Bloom rescue Elijah Wood." This is the standard practice for most movies, but not for epics. Would you refer to Luke Skywalker as Mark Hamill or Princess Leiea as Carrie Fisher? Hell no. Only if one were a pretentious ass would one refer to Aragorn as Viggo Mortensen. Hmm, a bit off-topic.
Hmmm... I'd've smacked some sense into him. From this
Calendario%20Aragorn.jpg
to that... Viggo would be better off wearing costume from LotR.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads