1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

views on two overcoats for business

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ennius, Jan 17, 2013.

1. johnvw

johnvw Senior member

If by shorter you mean at or above the knees, to me, this observation (if true across the board) raises an interesting question. If it is cold enough in one's environment to wear an overcoat, would a full-length overcoat not be more functional than one that covered the upper body but not the lower body?

2. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

Most i have seen so far end above the knees. Is it the current fashion?

I agre that if it is cold then a fuller length makes much sense.

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I like option 1 more. The trench coat probably wouldn't be a great choice in the freezing cold.

4. ethanhunter

ethanhunter New Member

5. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

^^ those are nice coats. One of them was on sale at Miss Porter for 70% off, but already all gone.... but gives me hope.

I saw a sweet Isaia cashmere charcoal overcoat on sale at Barneys for only $2600 (from 3700). it is a great coat but a bit out of my range. At 50% off I would likely do it.