1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

views on Ralph Lauren Purple Label?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ennius, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Ennius

Ennius Senior Member

Hi Gents,

I got a pair of trousers a few months ago from RLPL (on 75% off sale) which retailed at $600. I did this as a bit of an experiment to see what I thought of the product. It is nice material - light grey flannel.

But I havent seen the extra value there versus good stuff with lower price points like Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole and Black Fleece. Am I missing something, or does the RLPL command a price for the label?

I also noted that RLPL suits run about $4800. At that price I would think you should get full bespoke.

On a side note the store tailor didnt do a great job - which makes me wonder - are there good instore tailors at any of the mens' stores??

What does the SF think?

Thanks