• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Views on Loro Piana?

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Their cashmere and outwear is terrific, although pricey. Horsey coat is versatile (quilted vest + shell) and their Storm System cashmere really does protect from wind, snow and rain while retaining the cashmere look and feel. I also like their "jeans" made from cotton/linen blend. They just happen to fit me well. I just wish the prices were more reasonable - the Horsey coat has gone from $1000 to $1700 in the four years I've had mine. Storm System can run North of $4000.

Do you mean these coats are made of a technical fabric that feels like cashmere but is waterproof and weatherproof? Is it real cashmere treated or is it a technical fabric that resembles the feel of cashmere?

I would be interested in knowing more about this...

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean these coats are made of a technical fabric that feels like cashmere but is waterproof and weatherproof? Is it real cashmere treated or is it a technical fabric that resembles the feel of cashmere?

I would be interested in knowing more about this...

Dude, you just replied to a 7 year old post....

Made in California

Reaction score
I had a light blue unstructured linen blazer from LP and was probably the coolest piece of classic menswear I had. Not sure how much I paid originally but it definitely wasn't the $2000 they charge currently.

If this is the case, that vicuna are so unruly, how does LP or anyone else manage to legally harvest it?

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PittDoc

Reaction score
Well my post may be old but I am happy to respond. The LP Icer coat is definitely real cashmere and feels like it too. I believe it is both treated and has a membrane beneath the cashmere. If you look on their website I there was a description about the technology.

Regardless, I am wearing the coat today in -1 F and -30 wind chill. Nice and cozy warm.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Horsey jacket with storm system cashmere cloth. The LP storm system cashmere and wool fabrics are lined with a waterproof membrane. You will stay dry but realize that the outer layer will get damp and will need to dry after getting a good soak.

Made in California

Reaction score

Grintricha

Reaction score
800 effing quid for a hat, in their freaking outlet store.

Jesus the world has gone mad.

I'd expect the hat to give me a happy ending for that money, in fact it better bloody love me long time.

Madness, utter utter madness.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find the unconstructed sport coats to have a nice, relaxed, casual yet smart look. The pants have nice details and fabrics. I find the fit of the shirts all over the place so I avoid them. The knitwear is awesome but crazy expensive.

They do as good of a job as anyone putting together a coordinated look and style that would work in almost any city anywhere. I like it very much, but their prices much like Cucinelli have become insane for the most part.

JensenH

Reaction score
L.P. outerwear really are superb and deserving of their premium prices. Likewise for their sport coats. Sweaters and scarves are quite good but not as great. I don't have their pants or shirts because I failed to see anything special about them.

Averroes1198

Reaction score
Kick.

How's the quality of Loro Piana woolen dress pants?

Are they made by LP self?

Last edited:

Togas

Reaction score
Question about LORO PIANA's made for Brooks Brothers, Nordstrom etc.... overcoats.

Are they pretty much the same jacket?
I.e. same pattern just different quality fabrics?

I've seen the Strom system jacket under a few different labels. I've only tried on the one at Brooks Brothers, but I see a few different options on Ebay.
Trying to understand the differences and I haven't found a reference about this yet.

Many thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads