• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vietnamese shirtmaking....

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see an epsiode of ER, with Clooney rubbing the paddles and yelling clear as he tries to pump some life into this thread......charging 300.... I would be interested......clear

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
*shudder*

there is another AAAC/SFer about to have a Dung-made suit, will leave it to him to post his mail-order results

That is me. I am awaiting the fabrics as we speak. I have a five point plan of attack (sending them a suit, pics of me in the suit, measurement template from the Baron website, pics of other suits whose details I'd like to copy and throwing Matt's name around liberally.) I'm considering the first suit as more of a sample and then I'll send in for a second suit with corrections from the first. Given the cost, I figure I can have two or three suits made simply for the purpose of "fittings" and I'll still come out on top.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
matt,

are you still up for this?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
That is me. I am awaiting the fabrics as we speak. I have a five point plan of attack (sending them a suit, pics of me in the suit, measurement template from the Baron website, pics of other suits whose details I'd like to copy and throwing Matt's name around liberally.) I'm considering the first suit as more of a sample and then I'll send in for a second suit with corrections from the first. Given the cost, I figure I can have two or three suits made simply for the purpose of "fittings" and I'll still come out on top.

Why not just send them a suit to copy?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Why not just send them a suit to copy?

uhhhh

Originally Posted by edmorel
That is me. I am awaiting the fabrics as we speak. I have a five point plan of attack (sending them a suit, pics of me in the suit, measurement template from the Baron website, pics of other suits whose details I'd like to copy and throwing Matt's name around liberally.)

Originally Posted by globetrotter
matt,

are you still up for this?

not at the moment Zach, drowning in work and laid up post operation (currently running the company via IM from a mattress in my loungeroom).

See how Ed goes with Dung mail order, they do damn nice shirts at $17, so that may be a great way to go if their service is up to it....

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
m@T said:
uhhhh

A thousand pardons. It appears that I overlooked the 1st point in edmorel's 5 point plan of attack. Can't have that.

phaedrus

Reaction score
Thought I might as well use this thread as the other thread I posted in before my trip to Saigon no longer exists. Went to Saigon in Feb and had a number of shirts made, and two suits.

The suits were 2 button, single breasted in a navy and grey, super 120 and 150 wools respectively. Working button holes, 2 pairs of trousers per suit in a flat front, slimmer cut. I had two visits to the tailor, first for initial measure and selection of fabric (+ description of the style of suit I wanted). Second visit was about 5 days later, checked out the progress and had a fitting. At this stage, pants were not even started, was assured this was a very quick job so left until last.
The third visit to the tailor was 2 days later, usually it would be the last and final, however, had issues with the fit of the jacket (was a bit large around the waist) so it was agreed this would be altered. Alterations made and tailor's wife delivered both suits to my hotel 2 days later.

I can't remember the exact cost, but it would have been around $AUD400ish including fabric, for both suits with two trousers.

I have a few pics of the suits:

And a pic of the selction of fabrics for the shirts:

Also had a number of shirts made, will post pics when I can.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
you said youd call, you promised youd call *sob*

who made them for you?

phaedrus

Reaction score
sorry matt about the catchup, but even when I eventually logged on to the internet, the forum was down so couldn't get your details from the PM. Anywa was pretty hectic first few days and there was lots to do in so little time.

Tailor was Tailor Vinh, he was located outside of the city, the name of the place escapes me at the moment.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaedrus
Thought I might as well use this thread as the other thread I posted in before my trip to Saigon no longer exists. Went to Saigon in Feb and had a number of shirts made, and two suits.
All this in three days? Okay, since my trip to Hanoï is now almost certain, I am beginning to get severely tempted, since I will have between 3 and 5 days there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads