• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone played Divinity: Original Sin 2? I'm deciding between that and the new Pillars of Eternity. Don't have a lot of experience with isometric DnD RPGs.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Divinity is 100x better than pillars. I hate pillars. Turn based for RPGs is much better from a play store experience. The story is good and immersive in Divinity and it is seemingly endless in what you can do.

ilclassico

Reaction score
Mafia 3 is a Political correct joke, a buggy mess, and idiotic and mediocre unoriginal story and the reason the sales went in trash. Politics have no part in games unlike most of propaganda in entertainment industry, gamers like to play for the sake of gaming.
I'm so glad Daniel Varvara quit 2k and started its company warhorse after success Mafia 2, which outsold Mafia 3 by miles.
His Kingdom come deliverance which happend to be the best simulator and history accurate game out there sold one million copies
https://www.vg247.com/2018/02/22/kingdom-come-deliverance-has-sold-1-million-copies/
And has lot of positive reviews in steam

What I'm playing : Wall Street Raider by ronin soft, Football manager 2018,ARMA 3, Geopolitical simulator 4 Power & Revolution, cities skylines, mafia 2,Kingdom come deliverance .

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Divinity is 100x better than pillars. I hate pillars. Turn based for RPGs is much better from a play store experience. The story is good and immersive in Divinity and it is seemingly endless in what you can do.

interesting comment i've been wanting to Pillars while I havent heard about Divinity at all

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Retro Atari:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The amount of butthurt in the comments about them adding female characters to the game is absolutely hillarious.

Christ. Just don't select a female avatar at the character select screen if it bothers you that much.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well women were generally not on the front lines of ww2, and disabled people were sent home also few black guys with katanas ;D

this is both silly and pushing identity politics to the game, and I'm glad people start to see through that- which is very heart warming idd!

Not to mention everything in this video looks bad besides graphics

Game developers should start catering to their target audience - nerds and men in 20s/30s not SJWs and women who do not play these games, unless ofc they want to see backlash like that and reduced revenue and well this is EA so **** them anyway

Last edited:

ilclassico

Reaction score
Politics have no part in gaming and the reasion we seeing major backlash against EA bioware and many other gaming companies. Their sales are trashed, they have the most negative comments around by their own clients and they are locked on their own platforms rather than selling in steam where they would have trashed in comments. They are selling own political points and agendas by hiring these shills who clearly don't give to f about gaming on top of adding pay to win systems adding further fuel to the fire. The are making buggy mediocre games and than hyping with usual graphic marketing and paying gaming magazines to hype it up. Many people are leaving big companies and relying more and more on indie developers who carter to gamers, example include iron horse with kingdom come deliverance, star citizen which have been backed by gamers and sold million of copies.

ilclassico

Reaction score
Amazing story amigo, do tell it again.
Don't let facts get in the way, since there is "no" profit to be made in gaming industry, is a "small" market ,"nor" self serving politics are involved by AAA mainstream studios. By the way this is same "neutral" journalism with "no " conflict of interest involved in "not" marketing these same games all the times :
http://www.deepfreeze.it/

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
well women were generally not on the front lines of ww2, and disabled people were sent home also few black guys with katanas ;D

Im pretty sure we didn't have zombies in WW2 either, yet no one ever gets butthurt about those games.

:p

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
E3 came and went and Mortal Kombat 11 wasn't announced. I haven't been this disappointed about the lack of a game showing in a while.

Oh well. Last of Us 2 looks amazing! So we got that.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure we didn't have zombies in WW2 either, yet no one ever gets butthurt about those games.

:p

yea but that's like wolfenstein and stuff and it's so outlandish it's cool

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads