• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
EA Battlefront AMA at 930 PST.

giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/ph9B6FHCK6bQc/giphy.gif[/img]
giphy.gif

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can slightly hope that enough people will ***** to disney and they will pull the license. Maybe the people trying to spread the idea that "EA is encouraging your kids to gamble in the new Star Wars game" will make some progress.

Hmm what?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm what?

Loot boxes are basically gambling. If your kid wants to get a certain weapon, they either need to throw money into the gambling system or spend a bunch of time playing to earn credits (to then throw into the gambling system...either way, they are gambling).

I don't personally care much about loot boxes (though I would prefer that they are attached to cosmetics only)...but it is a reasonable argument if you are trying to scare parents into yelling at Disney or not buying the game.

brokencycle

Reaction score
How did the ama go? It didn't look like they responded to anything.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, basically. You can read all their responses if you click on usernames, but there aren't many, and most (all?) are pretty PR-speak-y; i.e. "We'll be sure to look into this and tune the game as we progress." Not sure what else they can say, really - interesting attempt on the part of EA to deflect, though. The whole system seems fucked beyond belief.

I hadn't been planning to buy the game at all, and certainly won't, but I hope that this puts other publishers on notice. Lootbox creep is pretty damn insidious these days, so to the extent that this can actually harm EA (lol) I hope it does. I mean, this is pretty interesting: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefront-2-overwatch-being-investigated-by-gamb/1100-6454989/

Anyway, **** that company. This sure as hell doesn't give me high hopes for Anthem. I play - or played - a lot of Destiny, and hate the state of affairs there, too. Thankfully I still have H:ZD, Nier, and Witcher 3 left to beat.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You guys on the lookout for any deals on new monitors? I need to upgrade to a 144hz. Heard BenQ was good.

Doesn't Massdrop have their own branded gaming monitor now? It's supposed to be fairly good in the costs to performance ratio.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never felt the need to look into 144hz.

Always just looked for high quality color (and I have a calibration puck) and "good enough" response time.

Might go for freesync/g-sync on the next monitor, but even that's not something that really bothers me.

GT-R

Reaction score
Does anyone here pay gran turismo sport? Any thoughts on gt mode (gt league) finally being released in the new update? Also, the need to have to be online in order to save.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never felt the need to look into 144hz.

Always just looked for high quality color (and I have a calibration puck) and "good enough" response time.

Might go for freesync/g-sync on the next monitor, but even that's not something that really bothers me.

I have older generation BenQ GW2750 VA matrix 27" and it's value still working like a charm, you don't see any lagging on screen colors were much better than TN and IPS (especially for movies) from around time I bought it and viewing angles are very good too. Not sure they still make VA matrixes but ones from BenQ were veeery good imo. I mean for 300$ back then, best deal there was for 27".

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got Prey for $20 on Steam and it's a very fun and polished single player game.

It's similar gameplay to Half-Life or Dishonored. You have a tech tree and decide what abilities your character develops, so you can stealth through a level, kill everything in sight, or hack all the computers and make enemies turn on each other ect. No cut scenes.

I really love the aesthetics.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480490/Prey/

brokencycle

Reaction score
Anyone have any interest in the following games? I have Steam keys.

AER Memories of Old
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Lara Croft GO
Laser League
Mafia III
Mafia III: Sign of the Times
Outlast 2
Subterrain
Aviary Attorney
Dark Souls III
Dark Souls III - Ashes of Ariandel
Holy Potatoes! We're in Space?!
Last Day of June
Lost Castle
Overgrowth
Splasher
Black the Fall
Life is Strange Complete Season (Ep 1-5)
The Norwood Suite
Owlboy
Snake Pass
Tacoma

rubykris

Reaction score
Anyone here has and been playing games from Nintendo Switch?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here has and been playing games from Nintendo Switch?

I have the requisite Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, etc. (and have two young children), so it's a no brainer. The system is super smooth, portable, fun, and the games are top notch. I consider it inexpensive versus the new versions of the Xbox and PS4, but of course the graphics do not reach that bar.

I have a 1080p HD LCD, so not particularly advanced. I'm unsure how the Switch would look on a giant 4K tv.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads