• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Limbo yet for Xbox 360. This is very good if you like puzzle type stuff.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Doubt I'll ever get my hands on it sadly. Used to want an xbox for games like Braid and Limbo but now the list of games I'm missing is down to two. Limbo and shadow complex. Not worth the 300 usd for just those sadly. Maybe it goes the way of Braid and comes to PSN?

Btw breaks crono are you guys playing persona? I started a new run thru on the PSP version and love it more than ever. Female main char is marsupialedly cute and the social links are mostly rewritten so it's good times.

I have Assassins Creed 1 and 2 as well as Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted 2 to play through and all I wanna do is play stupid JRPGs. Next on the list is Trinity Universe

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Doubt I'll ever get my hands on it sadly. Used to want an xbox for games like Braid and Limbo but now the list of games I'm missing is down to two. Limbo and shadow complex. Not worth the 300 usd for just those sadly. Maybe it goes the way of Braid and comes to PSN?
Shadow Complex is not a good game, I don't understand the praise. They copied Metroid's structure and gameplay to a T, but then tacked on some current-gen mechanics that only diminish the experience, such as dual-stick controls and some absolutely puzzling 2.5D environments. They also made a bunch of serious design mistakes that Nintendo knew not to make 15 years ago, like letting enemies shoot you from off screen. It's also funny that so much fuss was made about the story, because it's pretty bad even by video game standards. I finally beat 3D Dot Game Heroes (which I loved), I'm finally playing Mario Galaxy 2.

mickey711

Reaction score
I found Fallout 3 to be lacking in replay value, and there's virtually no incentive to do the optional quests, since the game's fairly easy. Plus, traveling through a post-apocalyptic landscape intermittently strewn with enemies or the odd caravan merchant for hours on end gets boring and depressing rather quickly. Still, it's a very engaging game, and I played for 40 or so hours before getting bored of it. I just found out that Max Payne 3's release date has been pushed back to 2011
ffffuuuu.gif
TBA
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Shadow Complex is not a good game, I don't understand the praise. They copied Metroid's structure and gameplay to a T, but then tacked on some current-gen mechanics that only diminish the experience, such as dual-stick controls and some absolutely puzzling 2.5D environments. They also made a bunch of serious design mistakes that Nintendo knew not to make 15 years ago, like letting enemies shoot you from off screen. It's also funny that so much fuss was made about the story, because it's pretty bad even by video game standards.

I finally beat 3D Dot Game Heroes (which I loved), I'm finally playing Mario Galaxy 2.

I see. Since I haven't played it, I was relying on reviewers for info. Seems like another instance where they give games that are hard to hate (especially HD rehashes of well done games) marsupialedly inflated scores.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

Btw breaks crono are you guys playing persona? I started a new run thru on the PSP version and love it more than ever. Female main char is marsupialedly cute and the social links are mostly rewritten so it's good times.

Ugh, I traded my PS3 for a 360 and I'm missing all the great artsy games on PSN now. Hopefully Reach will keep me happy in a few weeks. Is there ANYTHING on 360 that comes close to the avant-garde stuff on PS3?

No Persona 3 yet, but I got my hands on a PS2. I'm actually finishing my FF12 playthrough from, like, two years ago, but once that's done I'll get P3.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
picked up battlefield bad company 2, i have to keep it on low settings because of my radeon 5750 =(

day 2, have gotten up to rank 7 and am kicking ass

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
picked up battlefield bad company 2, i have to keep it on low settings because of my radeon 5750 =(

day 2, have gotten up to rank 7 and am kicking ass

Sucks, the rate of computer advancement is really both a blessing and a curse.

Speaking of which (kind of), this is partly the reason why I am selling certain things *cough* ..see signature.. *cough*.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
up to rank 10 now lol, i've unlocked all the recon weapons and some of engineer, went 13-1 one map which was pretty awesome, i usually average a 1.4 kdr

in the desktop building thread i discovered that it's not really my video card but my ****** cpu and moboard so i ordered new ones and it should bring my system up to modern standards

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just finished the Starcraft 2 campaign. What a ****** ending. It should just pop up a screen that says "stay tuned to find out what happens next in the expansion pack. Coming 2012."

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marslyr
Plants vs. Zombies anyone?
smile.gif

Sure, on the iPad. I hate the night levels :-/

I'm also sad that the Michael Jackson zombie got patched out.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
I'm also sad that the Michael Jackson zombie got patched out.

Haven't downloaded that patch yet, just so I can still see him break it down.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads