• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XCOM 2 Now at 92% off on Steam for $4.80. For the bundle, 85% off at $19.99.

100% chance you will punch your screen, slam your keyboard, rip your mouse out because the game decided your character missed a point blank shot.

Last edited:

Maribdejkovic

Reaction score
It takes place in some fictional islands near Indonesia. 5 is the one in Montana with the cultists. I think 4 has an Asian setting as well but not sure about much in that game.
Just checked - it was 4 I played some years back. Pretty fun.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Playing Need for Speed: Heat (mostly just because I wanted to try something on my new ultrawide monitor).

Guess I never really recognized it before, but these games are just RPGs where instead of boss fights, you have pivotal races to win and instead of characters/spells you buy different cars/mods.

Nikos

Reaction score
I've been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's beautiful but there's too much grinding and repetition, as usual with Ubisoft games. It's just too long.
Also, Viking assassinations do not really make sense.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's beautiful but there's too much grinding and repetition, as usual with Ubisoft games. It's just too long.
Also, Viking assassinations do not really make sense.

That's like most games nowadays and it sucks.

Recently finished Far Cry 5. Was okay, but not as good as 4.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Rogue on Switch right now.

Honestly, it kind of sucks. I enjoyed Black Flag and liked sailing my ship around, so I figured this would be more of the same but just a more generic story based on the reviews.

But...no, its just no good. Like I get to points where I don't even understand what is happening in the story or where I am supposed to go. I get weird interface behavior where I will show up on the island where the mission indicates I should go, but when I land it will up with something like "Proceed further in mission" with everything grayed out...the same way it shows destinations you aren't supposed to visit yet. I'll second guess if I went to the right place, but if I push through, it turns out the NPCs are in fact there waiting for me.

Just shoddy game design. Also, I feel like the controls are just awkward and non responsive in these assassins creed games--Black Flag felt the same way but it feels more apparent here.

I think I will end up finishing it at some point just because I want to do the sailing parts, but I'd rather just replay Black Flag.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
have a huge Brady gta 4 guide, maybe I should replay the whole thing by the book this time - not missing a single gun cache or leaving no flying rat behind, scorched earth

however, I has to beat Yakuza 0 first

black%2Bshirt.jpg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone has Xbox and Far Cry 5 and wants to play multi, hmu, my gamertag is Leo Trollstoy.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seeing some good prices on the Oculus Quest 2

I'm temped...except what I really want to try in VR is Half Life Alyx...but the quest can't play it natively.
I'd have to hook up to a gaming PC, but there's no way my current PC has the specs to support it...and now's certainly not the time to be trying to upgrade.

By all accounts, the 64gb is all you need (unless you're really going to load up on VR Appreciation...)

edit: wtf, the board also autocorrects p-orn to "Appreciation" now?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bored with ESO. Tried playing Destiny 2. Meh. I'm starting to think video games suck.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bored with ESO. Tried playing Destiny 2. Meh. I'm starting to think video games suck.
Do you have the current expansions of ESO? I stopped playing after the second one was released. Destiny 2 is too repetitive, it's fun for maybe one weekend but after that it's the same boring grind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads