• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
G-Con 2 action on a PS2

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1606274531100.png

Scramm

Reaction score
Anyone still on the hunt for a PS5?
I was pretty intensely on the hunt a couple of weeks ago, but at this point I figure I'd just wait for it to become widely available next year. The only game on it that I'm interested in atm is Demon's Souls, which I already played on the PS3.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ESO hijinks

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ESO hijinks

Not only do I have no idea what is happening in that video, it is a ******* handheld portrait video of a landscape screen. Hasn't every serious gamer figured out a way to record clips of their screen? Windows has that **** built in now.
ezgif-5-41ce4b2cdbc6.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's from my Xbox and I didn't feel like dicking with the video capture on the console. Sue me :p

What's happening is me and a bunch of randos are making our elk mounts bark and whine repeatedly, because it's really annoying to other players.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I want a PS5, but I don't game that much anymore. I think I want it more for the fact it would be a new toy to show off my 4K tv and will upscale games I already own.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was a pretty big PC gamer back during the arena shooter days of Unreal and Quake 2, and quit playing games for years up until 3 or 4 years ago. Decided to go the console route instead of PC this time and got the Xbox One S, which I later upgraded to the X when I found a deal on it a year or so after that one released.

Aside from ESO, most of the games I play are old back-compat titles I've managed to get during sales for around 5 bucks each. No rush here to get a new gen console.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was huge on Warcraft 3 back in the day. Never got into WOW and always hated that the RTS side of that franchise died.

I'm still playing Hearthstone. The fact that it's easy to play on my iPhone and the port doesn't have any real compromises helps. I love being able to play the game on my couch while watching Netflix. Seems like the Switch would be ideal for this too.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never liked anything Warcraft or Warcraft related. Just wasn't my thing. Now that I think about it, there hasn't been a single Blizzard game I actually liked, except maybe Blackthorne for SNES. And I remember getting frustrated with that one and rage-quitting as a kid heh.

RTS-wise, AOE and AOK were my jam.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I hadn't still been in night-school when it launched, I probably would have tortured myself with WoW Classic. At this point, they just launched the Naxxramus patch which means they are basically near the end of pre-expansion WoW.

I loved that game and spent a lot of time on it (even though I never made it to doing any crazy endgame raiding or stuff like that).

Seems weird to start it now and not be part of the initial player rush. I've also seen some reddit posts that make it sound like a dickish culture has formed where its probably no fun to be a n00b.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've heard WoW players are dicks, but never played it so I shouldn't judge based on that and the handful of streamers I've seen.

Trials/Raids in ESO are fun, but I've noticed the WoW players who migrated over don't like the fact that it's a 12 person group. I guess WoW raids are much bigger.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I imagine anyone who was still playing WoW at the time when streaming blew up is probably too hardcore to not be a dick. I never really ran into much when I was playing back in the day (but again, I wasn't in high end raids and I played horde on a pvp server which I suspect was the least dickish combo)

I've been casually playing FFXIV and everyone seems very nice. I heal so my queue times are fast and I've never had anyone complain or be a huge dick when I fail (but again, no end game).

I never remember all of my skills and haven't set up good hotkeys, so I can't imagine I healing anywhere near my potential, but nobody bitches at me. Although my friend says he is always glad when we play because he doesn't get stuck with random ****** healers...so maybe there are just some awful healers out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads