• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed by this game. It has the absolute best world building of any game I've played. Everything was made with such detail and care. The sounds are amazing too. The dialogue is very real and the characters are indeed interesting. I like how it's in the early 1900s when the wild west is dying and Dutch is a leader fighting for the "savage utopia" when he knows the dream is coming to an end. The gang simply does not belong in civilization. I loved Red Dead Redemption, but this game really hits me because it comes hot on the heels of when I escaped California with similar feelings.

Yesterday I first went to Saint Denis, and it looks like a completely different game! The characterization of Arthur Morgan is so strong that even if you dress him in fancy clothes and are in an upscale part of the city it just doesn't feel right.

I'd like to play RDR1 after this, but it's not on PC. If they ever made a remastered version of that game I think it would sell well. Rockstar said that the Red Dead series is one of the pillars of the company. They are working on the next GTA game now, so I assume after that's over we will get another Red Dead game. It would be fun to play as Dutch in his youth.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I only dabble in games these days, but it feels like game designers have fallen so in love with their graphics and “story-telling” that cut scenes outweigh game play, making it more like watching animated movie than playing a game.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm playing Ion Fury.

It's made on a 20 year old engine and everything feels like the good old days. They even have gratuitous blood and cheesy one liners. Very fun.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the bot is right that PC games are the best though

Nikos

Reaction score
I only dabble in games these days, but it feels like game designers have fallen so in love with their graphics and “story-telling” that cut scenes outweigh game play, making it more like watching animated movie than playing a game.

I agree and find this very boring.

I went against willitrue's recommendation and played Bloodborne again, which is a PS4 exclusive.
I enjoy these games a lot, despite the higher difficulty and frustration.
The level design and atmosphere is much better than any other game I have played.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone played Risk of Rain 2 before?
I have. It's fun but you do need decent specs on your pc to run the game once difficulty gets to "hahaha...." Late game can crash given the nature of how many enemies spawn and get killed from your god-like item stacking.

Rex is currently the best survivor for late game. Engineer is your safest bet. Acrid seems like the strongest right from the start until you realize nothing is dying fast enough late game, and Mercenary is probably the most fun for hack n slash style of gameplay, risky though.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm amazed by this game. It has the absolute best world building of any game I've played. Everything was made with such detail and care. The sounds are amazing too. The dialogue is very real and the characters are indeed interesting. I like how it's in the early 1900s when the wild west is dying and Dutch is a leader fighting for the "savage utopia" when he knows the dream is coming to an end. The gang simply does not belong in civilization. I loved Red Dead Redemption, but this game really hits me because it comes hot on the heels of when I escaped California with similar feelings.

Yesterday I first went to Saint Denis, and it looks like a completely different game! The characterization of Arthur Morgan is so strong that even if you dress him in fancy clothes and are in an upscale part of the city it just doesn't feel right.

I'd like to play RDR1 after this, but it's not on PC. If they ever made a remastered version of that game I think it would sell well. Rockstar said that the Red Dead series is one of the pillars of the company. They are working on the next GTA game now, so I assume after that's over we will get another Red Dead game. It would be fun to play as Dutch in his youth.

I'm just now coming back to it. I think I may stick with the story missions if I can and ignore the rest. A lot of this game seems tedious.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm aware of the last of us 2 controversy, but haven't followed it too closely since I've never owned a Playstation. But come to find out, the transgender person in the game everyone freaked out over isn't even trans, just a woman with muscular arms hahaha.

Nikos

Reaction score
I don't plan to buy this game.
The first one's best aspect was its excellent story, and I think they failed miserably this time around. Of course I am not going to spoil it for you, in case you don't know already.
Regarding gameplay, I understand that this time they refined the style of the first one, which was rather monotonous though, using sneak and backstab almost exclusively.
However it must be visually stunning, as Naughty Dog's games always are.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neither of them looked interesting to me, but I'm sure if I played them and got invested in the characters that would change.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TLOUR's gameplay and story progression were both exceptionally repetitive even compared to Rockstar games. I beat it recently in preparation for TLOU2 and now I don't plan on playing 2. The game felt like a chore to play through.

I also did not enjoy the ending as surely the better writerly choice would have been to sacrifice Ellie.

Last edited:

mark1423

Reaction score
I don't plan to buy this game.
The first one's best aspect was its excellent story, and I think they failed miserably this time around. Of course I am not going to spoil it for you, in case you don't know already.
Regarding gameplay, I understand that this time they refined the style of the first one, which was rather monotonous though, using sneak and backstab almost exclusively.
However it must be visually stunning, as Naughty Dog's games always are.
I didn`t plan to buy it too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads