Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

Has anyone played Ninja Gaiden 2 for ps3 or xbox360? I'm seriously debating getting it for the ps3.

2. dusty

dusty Senior member

Has anyone played Ninja Gaiden 2 for ps3 or xbox360? I'm seriously debating getting it for the ps3.

Yeah it's pretty good if you're into that sort of thing.

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Anyone else into FIFA? I'm a footie game fiend and should get [10] on release day via Amazon. I've kind of put everything else on the back-burner, including Brutal Legend, as I'm way too busy and'll probably end up putting something like 300 hours into the game before I flip it next summer.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I really want to get FIFA 10, but I don't have my PS3 here yet (no TV, either), so it'll probably be ahwile for me before I can.. Uncharted 2, also [​IMG] Dusty, in the high end of the game, all classes are essentially "the same," but the Royal is by far the easiest to start out with because his stats are the most customizable and you get this really convenient mana ring that will never lose its usefulness. If you've already dumped 7 hours into the wanderer I wouldn't give it up, if you like it. But if it is brutally frustrating, consider starting over as Royal because it will be easier.

5. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Uncharted 2 came out today but I'm broke [​IMG]

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

Oh my god, I just died by a) not being able to lock onto a guy I was directly facing because he was standing on a step and b) getting shot off of a slope by trying to step up on a platform that was about two inches tall (vally of defilement). Each of these cost me hundreds of souls. As much as I like the concept for this game, it is not well-programmed by any stretch of the imagination.

7. Lel

Lel Senior member

It's pretty fun if you enjoyed the previous title. Not as hard, or as "fresh", it's essentially the same game with all the additions you expected (more blood, gore, tits, less story). One thing I disliked, not an issue though, is that there isn't a single massive overworld that connects everything like in the previous one.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Oh my god, I just died by a) not being able to lock onto a guy I was directly facing because he was standing on a step and b) getting shot off of a slope by trying to step up on a platform that was about two inches tall (vally of defilement). Each of these cost me hundreds of souls. As much as I like the concept for this game, it is not well-programmed by any stretch of the imagination.

[​IMG] wait till that happens for a few hundred k souls.

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

if that happens I swear to you I will eat the disc

10. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I thought Hamill did his best work for Joker in the game. I loved every word! Conroy on the other hand played Batman a little too calm and upbeat. His voice was not nearly as deep as it was for the cartoons. I like my voice acting either way. Really bad voice acting can be very entertaining, kind of like watching a soap opera. "Blood, hope this isn't....Chris's blood."
    On Arkham, great game - but a major plot hole. Spoilers in white: About 2/3 of the way through, Batman takes on two goons hopped up on Venom. When you beat them, you have to get across the bridge that joker destroyed. So what do you do? Call the BatJet!! And then what happens? It drops that (admittedly cool) zip-line tool. But why, for the love of god, if BatMan has a fucking jet, does he not just use that to get around Arkham? Instead of walking/flying/climbing, just take your goddamn jet and fuck Joker up! Seriously, a terrible deus ex machina.

11. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

^^^

LOL! I remember that part.

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

Is Arkham a must-play of any kind?

13. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Is Arkham a must-play of any kind?

I'd say it's one of the best this year.

14. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

PSA: You can download Civilization 4 and all of the expansions plus Colonization for $20 off of steam. DO IT!

15. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Finished Uncharted 2 eariler today and it was definitely worth every penny.