• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Thinking of playing a new mmorpg called Aion. *******. Iz bored with studying all the time.

Don't bother. Koreans made it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Don't bother. Koreans made it.

It's getting pretty good reviews, it has semi-meaningful pvp, and it just went live. And it's apparently a little hard, which would be nice after all the WoWgheyness that's permeated mmorpgs. I personally long for a game with real consequences and harsh death penalties, but people do like their easy-mode games.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aion is FFXI with a purdy coat of paint, from what I've played. And by, 'pretty coat of paint' I mean CryEngine with ghetto-ass loli anime aesthetic. I quite liked what I've played of Champions Online, but it's pretty rough and linear.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Will be trying Aion this weekend.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Aion is FFXI with a purdy coat of paint, from what I've played. And by, 'pretty coat of paint' I mean CryEngine with ghetto-ass loli anime aesthetic. I quite liked what I've played of Champions Online, but it's pretty rough and linear.

It's only loli anime if you made your character two feet tall and with eyes as big as dinner plates.

This summer has been terrible for games. Dissidia is pretty cool because I've played every FF game since 4 (back when it was FF2 on the Super Nintendo.) The Disgaea 2 port for PSP is also pretty cool.

Looking forward to getting the Persona PSP port in the mail next week, and Dragon Age in November (please don't get delayed again)

Edit: hahaha wtf is **** fighters doing as a tag?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just not big on the anime aesthetic unless it's really well-done (Persona, The World Ends With You, etc). That said, and since you like SRPGs, have you checked out Valkyria Chronicle(s)? I got it this week on sale for $19.99 at Wal-Mart (I know... made a special trip to pick it up). It still doesn't totally escape the manga/anime traps I really don't dig, but it's a great game. A lot of fun, really pretty, etc. Haven't been this into a single-player game for awhile. Have already put like 10-15 hours into it since Saturday.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valkyria Chronicles is good, yes. I need to finish it. I didn't bother trying to watch the tv show they based on it. I love the watercolor sketch effect they use in the game.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It's getting pretty good reviews, it has semi-meaningful pvp, and it just went live. And it's apparently a little hard, which would be nice after all the WoWgheyness that's permeated mmorpgs. I personally long for a game with real consequences and harsh death penalties, but people do like their easy-mode games.

eve-online.com

Game is ultra-harsh by mmo standards. Learning curve is ******* vertical and there are opportunities to **** people over basically all the time.

That said Aion looks good but eve is my only mmo. Cannot do another.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Helix
eve-online.com

Game is ultra-harsh by mmo standards. Learning curve is ******* vertical and there are opportunities to **** people over basically all the time.

Ya, from what I understand it's basically a sandbox game. UO used to be like that. It was pretty awesome. So was the PK server on Asheron's Call. My guild used to play it but only fantasy mmos really appeal to me. I like magic and ****.
tounge.gif

Aion will hopefully be cool. I wasn't really looking for a game and found out about it by accident yesterday. I haven't played anything seriously in years.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else looking forward to Borderlands?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borderlands seems cool but I think the PC version will be delayed. As much as I enjoy console gaming I can't deal with aiming with a control pad.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Anybody else looking forward to Borderlands?

Yes, the screens look fantastic, and I'm really interested in some of the guns I'm reading about.

eve-online.com

-12339.jpg

EVE has a great tutorial though, and players are always willing to help you out. I would play the game if I had more free time.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eve-online.com

Originally Posted by Reggs
EVE has a great tutorial though, and players are always willing to help you out. I would play the game if I had more free time.

About four summers ago I had a summer research internship running bioinformatics simulations. I'd set up a simulation, let it run for three days, then do data analysis for one. I spent most of my week harassing asteroid miners in the low-sec (<0.2, I think?) systems. It was grand.

Lachy

Reaction score
Forza 3 demo will be downloaded and ready to run after work today
biggrin.gif

Might get a six pack and participate in some highspeed drink driving
devil.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Only level 5, but not getting the warm fuzzies over Aion yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads