1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

jon,

omg, give me that crayon game.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Apparently Virtual Console releases are being scaled back (hopefully temporarily), as this is the second week in a row with only two releases (and they're both bad to mediocre): Pac-Attack and Riot Zone. UGH! There's soooooo much good stuff that hasn't been released (Castlevania III, EarthBound, Mystical Ninja, Majora's Mask, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, etc.). I'm worried that, instead of introducing new consoles, they're going to try and stretch out releases throughout the console's lifespan. That doesn't bode well for stuff like Majora's Mask, which could be held onto until the next Wii Zelda game arrives.

Oh, and I got my hands on a near-final build of Crayon Physics Deluxe today. Wow...[​IMG]

I tried that Crayon Physics game on my buddy's compy, it's kind of theuropedic (sp?) playing it.

3. dusty

dusty Senior member

Well my roommates and I just got Rock Band, so I guess I'll see you all in a few months.

4. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

As much as I would love to hand out Crayon Physics, the only reason I have a copy is via a deal I made with Petri, the creator, after months of begging. It's not a preview copy but something I've essentially been gifted. The game should be out very, very soon though. and yeah, I agree it's a very relaxing experience. I'm sure you've seen the video. The full game still has the same great music and atmosphere, but you can draw anything. So it's much more of a "game" and less "dropping squares on balls". kwilkinson, I don't have any "inside sauce", I just know that they are on a two Zelda plan for the Wii. You can probably thank Twilight Princess being a GameCube game for getting another Zelda so soon. I also know Aonuma said Twilight Princess was the "ultimate evolution" of the Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time Zelda, so maybe we'll see something completely different.
    Well my roommates and I just got Rock Band, so I guess I'll see you all in a few months.
    [​IMG] I've been wondering where you were. Edit: Anyone else still playing Desktop Tower Defense? I've become re-addicted and it's ruining all my free time.

5. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Edit: Anyone else still playing Desktop Tower Defense? I've become re-addicted and it's ruining all my free time.

YES! Saucemaster mentioned this game a long time ago. I've been addicted since. Can't beat hard though, but can rack up a decent score with zero escapees and no cheating on medium.

6. Manny Calavera

YES! Saucemaster mentioned this game a long time ago. I've been addicted since. Can't beat hard though, but can rack up a decent score with zero escapees and no cheating on medium.

I think this calls for a SF DTD "group" (I'm terrible, by the way).[​IMG]

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Ugh Tiger Woods 08 is REALLY pissing me off.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Don't you guys ever leave your basements? What a bunch of pasty ass, no pussy getting, losers!

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Don't you guys ever leave your basements? What a bunch of pasty ass, no pussy getting, losers!

LOL I saw this coming.

10. kronik

kronik Senior member

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/K...&comments=true

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/01/15

Some of you have probably already seen this, but.. yea.. what. the. fuck.

I hate uninformed God-freaks.

Wow.... for starters, a game like that isn't going to be able to be bought by a kid, and what parent is going to give their kid their Best Buy CC when the kid asks for it? Seriously, Ron Paul is a nutbag, but what the author says Ron Paul would say is exactly right. It's not the govt's job to raise your kids. This guy wants the candidates to grow a pair and put a stop to it, why doesn't this guy grow a pair and make it so his kid and his kids friends don't get the game?

And the cartoon in the 3rd link is spot-on! lol

12. Manny Calavera

Fo' rills.[​IMG] But seriously, I'm impressed that you've moved on from actually playing games to waxing poetic about the glory days of EQ on message boards.

13. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Fo' rills.[​IMG]

But seriously, I'm impressed that you've moved on from actually playing games to waxing poetic about the glory days of EQ on message boards.

97-2000 were the glory days of MMOs imo. EQ, UO, and AC were all awesome games. The stuff since then doesn't compare because they try to impose too many rules and restrictions and plan every element of the experience.

14. Manny Calavera

97-2000 were the glory days of MMOs imo. EQ, UO, and AC were all awesome games. The stuff since then doesn't compare because they try to impose too many rules and restrictions and plan every element of the experience.

I'll agree with that. Newer MMORPGs have been rather devoid of the "RPG" part. That's why, as far as newer MMOs go, I love EVE. It encourages tooling around and discovering.

15. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Who here has a 360 and plays online? I've been offline a while but want to play again.

Some possible multiplayer games I own:

Madden 2008
    Gears of War
    Lost Planet
    Rainbow Six Vegas
    Halo 3
    Halo 2

16. dusty

dusty Senior member

Jon, I do virtually nothing all day and I still don't have the time to play all the games you have. EVE Online? Are you serious?

Homer: Rainbow Six Vegas online is incredible. We played the hell out of that one. However, I've since canceled my XBL.

17. Manny Calavera

Jon, I do virtually nothing all day and I still don't have the time to play all the games you have. EVE Online? Are you serious?

[​IMG]

18. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'll agree with that. Newer MMORPGs have been rather devoid of the "RPG" part. That's why, as far as newer MMOs go, I love EVE. It encourages tooling around and discovering.

I had guildies that played eve for a while. Apparently it had pretty good PvP.

19. dusty

dusty Senior member

[​IMG]

Haha, I should clarify that you almost certainly have a much fuller social life than me despite playing more games.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Who here has a 360 and plays online? I've been offline a while but want to play again.

Some possible multiplayer games I own:

Madden 2008

Could be down for a little Madden.

PM me.