Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't know if this is really the forum to ask on, but does anyone know how to hook up a N64? It has some crazy plug that does not go anywear on my TV.

What are you talking about? It probably has yellow/white/red cables or an rf switch that you plug directly into the coaxial outlet in the back of the tv that you plug cable into. I'm not sure if stuff is different across the pond though (it says you're in london)

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

^ Possibly S-Video? Who knows? Post up a pic of the plug.

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

This is my list as well. Hopefully one of them gets bad reviews [​IMG]

I heard Fable II's main story was only 10-15 hours long. If that's accurate, it looks like it should be more of a weekend rental.

The one game I'm incredibly pumped about is Fallout 3. The first two are easily among my favorite games of all time.

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I never played the previous Fallouts but will probably try 3. Hope its a little different than Oblivion. There was so much to do that I never even started the main quest.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

6. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

anybody played the new bond game yet?

i've got 60 bucks to burn at best buy.

torn between:

lego batman (6000+ hours of gameplay at the rate i go)
    bond (kind of in the mood to snipe people and blow shit up)
    saints row 2 (loved the first one but most recent game is GTA IV, not sure if i wanna go this route again so soon)

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

8. chronoaug

You don't know how happy i was pulling that all nighter this past night and seeing that update. I can't fucking WAIT till this weekend.

9. breakz

breakz Senior member

Here's a q for all the Earthbound fans: is the game a favorite because of nostalgia, or does it stand on its own merits?

10. chronoaug

Own merits. Seriously. Play the game. It's really good. Story is original, funny, and entertaining. Gameplay is simple, but enjoyable. The sense of humor in the game is quirky, but not too juvenile. Wonderful wonderful game. It didn't develop one of the biggest cult followings of all rpgs simply because people remembered it from when they were young.

11. dusty

dusty Senior member

it is POST-MODERN my friends

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Who is getting call of duty 5?

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

Own merits. Seriously. Play the game. It's really good. Story is original, funny, and entertaining. Gameplay is simple, but enjoyable. The sense of humor in the game is quirky, but not too juvenile. Wonderful wonderful game. It didn't develop one of the biggest cult followings of all rpgs simply because people remembered it from when they were young.

Nice. Do you know if I need to play Earthbound to understand Mother 3?

14. chronoaug

It's a different story, but do yourself a favor and play earthbound first. It's worth every second. There will probably be inside jokes in mother 3 from mother 1 and 2(earthbound)

15. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I just got Crysis [​IMG] [​IMG] The last time game mechanics blew me away like this was probably when I first played Max Payne. This game does a perfect job of making you feel super human. It's very exciting. There is one moment early on when you are on top of a small mountain and look down to see a very sizable town with military all around, turrets, guards, humvees ect, and just knowing you are badass enough to kill everything singlehandedly. The things you can do is great. You can avoid action, be very stealthy, or just all out action. last night a Humvee was coming at me and I used my strength ability to pick up a barrel of gasoline, throw it next to the speeding humvee, then shot it at the perfect moment to make a huge explosion. It's also great to sneak up on a North Viet to grab them by the throat, then hurl them in the air and shoot them before they hit the ground. After this I'm going to try my hand at finishing the game only killing when I have to. The dialog is so bad it seems like a 80's action movie.